Post  Snake on Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:03 pm

lol! Check the PM Razz

General of the Army [Administrator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stratagy???

Post  James100 on Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:54 pm

Hey Guys R U Gonna Include The P8 Posidon?
I Know It's All a Planned and all and not actually existing
Plus it would be really cool to see it as anti-sub warefare
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:00 pm

James100 wrote:Hey Guys R U Gonna Include The P8 Posidon?
I Know It's All a Planned and all and not actually existing
Plus it would be really cool to see it as anti-sub warefare

It's very possible if we get to include subs (the plane would be perfect for the naval mode, specially since it can carry a lot of anti-sub/naval ordnance drunken ).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:41 am

BTW you can put The AH-60 Battle Hawk For The NAVY Very Happy
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:42 pm

Probably, I think that the we are including an armed variant of the Black Hawk for the standard missions though (as an upgrade, it'll add attack capabilities, the transport capacity is reduced upon upgrade).

The Sea Hawk will be included for the naval mode (we have a "special" role for it Twisted Evil ).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead on Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:28 am

Isn't there an airstrike that China has that can't be seen but on the radar, and up till now is untargetable? If you could slow it down it could imitate a satellite tracking over the sky. And if you can make it targetable by only certain weapons then things like the YAL-1A or land based laser installations. (usually I'm not down for sci-fi weapons, but these are real now!)
Also, there is a UAV that is being tested right now called CHLOE which uses a laser like the YAL to combat shoulder fired missles and things of the anti-aircraft/missle nature.

There you go, 3 mostly codeable (i think) units to expand the TAOW world. Hope you guys will give it a little consideration before ruling it out completely.
Glad to see the carriers made it. Rock on!

Keep up the good work guys

Twisted Evil
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Fri May 08, 2009 12:32 pm

Jarhead wrote:Isn't there an airstrike that China has that can't be seen but on the radar, and up till now is untargetable? If you could slow it down it could imitate a satellite tracking over the sky. And if you can make it targetable by only certain weapons then things like the YAL-1A or land based laser installations. (usually I'm not down for sci-fi weapons, but these are real now!)

I'd say the YAL may be included on some special missions (it would be sweet to manually control it), the same may happen with anti satellite weapons (probably included on the campaign mode or special missions) but are too "special" for the standard gaming modes due to coding complexity.

Jarhead wrote:Also, there is a UAV that is being tested right now called CHLOE which uses a laser like the YAL to combat shoulder fired missles and things of the anti-aircraft/missle nature.

Indeed, it's a very interesting unmanned defensive system, but for this particular defensive role we'll have various APS (Active Protective System) which will have different effects.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead on Fri May 08, 2009 1:12 pm

I saw a program on that CHLOE system. It sounds like a pretty interesting unit. Sorry if I keep ramming the YAL down your throat. I'm just a big fan of military aircraft and thats one of the most exotic. I didn't even know about the YAL until I started searching for unit ideas for TAOW. If it makes it/dosen't make it, its all good. I'm sure there are a 1000 other things to be worked on before spending a whole lot of time making something as exotic or just plain specialized as the YAL. Thanks for keeping me updated Snake. Twisted Evil
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Fri May 08, 2009 1:21 pm

Jarhead wrote:I saw a program on that CHLOE system. It sounds like a pretty interesting unit. Sorry if I keep ramming the YAL down your throat. I'm just a big fan of military aircraft and thats one of the most exotic. I didn't even know about the YAL until I started searching for unit ideas for TAOW. If it makes it/dosen't make it, its all good. I'm sure there are a 1000 other things to be worked on before spending a whole lot of time making something as exotic or just plain specialized as the YAL. Thanks for keeping me updated Snake. Twisted Evil

lol! No prob mate Thumbs Up! (my apologies for taking so long to reply to this post I've missed), to tell you the truth we got our hands on a near complete YAL model (from Nemesis) so I'd say that it's at least half way done sunny

Unfortunately, given the actual plane rarity (and the fact that it's a rather "special" plane) it's unsuitable for inclusion as a normally selectable unit (however it's always suitable for Special Missions or Campaign Assignments).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top