music for planes :s

View previous topic View next topic Go down

music for planes :s

Post  AgustaBE on Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:31 pm

hi everyone Very Happy

I just want to say that i have a little idea for gameplay music:
u guys know the movie Top Gun?
there's a song called "highway to the dangerzone"
that would be cool if it was used when your planes are getting closer to "the dangerzone",so i mean an well-protected hostile area^^
what do u think?

cheers bounce cheers
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: music for planes :s

Post  Snake on Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:37 pm

Many thanks for the suggestion Very Happy , though the rest of the team haven't talked a lot about the inclusion of songs (since the musician team is in charge of that), I was thinking it would be a great idea to include specific songs (specially some songs from great movie classics like Black Hawk Down / The Rock / Saving Private Ryan) to give much more intensity in cut scenes and even gameplay.

General of the Army [Administrator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:06 am

Snake wrote:Many thanks for the suggestion Very Happy , though the rest of the team haven't talked a lot about the inclusion of songs (since the musician team is in charge of that), I was thinking it would be a great idea to include specific songs (specially some songs from great movie classics like Black Hawk Down / The Rock / Saving Private Ryan) to give much more intensity in cut scenes and even gameplay.

Well Snake you of all people should know that if you want something epic, thrilling, engaging and exciting to go it with the song selection, you just cannot go past the MGS2 themesong! E.P.I.C!!! affraid
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:08 pm

Definitely!!! sunny sunny sunny

I'm gonna propose some epic tracks from several metal gears later on (I have all soundtracks and special collector editions from every MG title 8) ), I was even thinking of creating special "remixes" to fit TAOW action perfectly What a Face (ingame and in cut scenes 8) ).

We may also have some Nobuo Uematsu-based unique tracks/inspiration (Nobuo Uematsu is the mastermind behind epic soundtracks from games such as the Final Fantasy franchise 8) , top notch composer).

One thing is for certain though, we want TAOW's soundtrack to be very intense and ambiented to go along with the "flow of the action" and to give players a rush (no more Sleep Sleep Sleep , know what I mean???)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:45 pm

that would be awesome. i think it'd be funny (not very original, but funny none-the-less) if you used some Frank Klepacki in there! HELL MARCH 3!!! that'd work massive wonders in cut-scenes and would make a pretty good gag while your at it tongue

P.S. you didnt have to take any of this post seriously lol!
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:53 pm

lol! We are planning to use some "surprise tracks" specially for trailers (in fact, there's a trailer so far that is being built specially around a track, can't reveal more details at the moment though Razz ).

Regarding sound, I've gotta point out the ambiance as well.

Classic ZH ambiance is too "soft", I mean "birdies" singing, calm ambient, water calmly flowing (it sounds like a "paradise" rather than a true war zone), in TAOW we always stated from the beginning that we are keen on turning that "idyllic" and "beautiful battlefield" sounds into a manlier version Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil, this means that machine gun fire, explosions, jets, explosions, more machine gun fire, oh and did I mentioned explosions? Laughing - sounds are gonna completely crush the standard, "Eden-like" sounds (birdies will be smoked, no more soft styled ambiance, etc.)

Think of TAOW's sound ambiance as a heavy metal version of a pop song lol! (which, in this case, is ZH's standard sound effects Razz ).

All this stuff won't be just "dumped in" the mod obviously, we will carefully choose sound which tend to put more psychological pressure on the player (ain't we generous??? Razz Razz Razz , we're all heart Razz Razz Razz), all this stuff in conjunction with the map + battlefield circumstances will hopefully create our envisioned realistic-based battlefield (which will make ZH's "pacific battlefield" obsolete)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:26 am

why didnt someone else think of that!? the only other ZH mod to do that was Blitzkreig II which only used it as a bit of ambience in small downs. i searched for aaaages through ZHs ambience list to try and find it but ended up just putting in those damn birds! tweet f***ing tweet!!!
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] on Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:12 am

lol! naa snake, cnc's birds is not even the half of it. sometimes, i move into a spot were there is no sound what so ever. it feels like my headphones are not working Razz
Marc15yo [Admin]

View user profile http://taow.simulationboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:48 pm

I feel you bro, it's damn quiet, definitely what we weren't expecting from the classic battlezone, that's for sure Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I specially lolled in the part I said: "birdies will be smoked" lol! , that's just how much frustrated we are with those damn soft ambiance sounds Twisted Evil (if there are any at all) .

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top