Special forces

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Special forces

Post  AgustaBE on Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:52 pm

hi there,

i was just wondering if we can actually "built" SF groups in the baracks?
it would be nice but there should be lots of different sorts of SF to create:
-navy seals
-Delta Force marines
-airborne divisions

greetz cheers
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Special forces

Post  Snake on Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:27 pm

In a sense there will be many Special Forces in the mod.

Special Forces infantry will have several classes (with several duties, like recon, anti-tank, demolition, etc.).

Also the Navy mode will have different Special Forces Groups (Marines, US Navy SEAL's, for example).

In the European Union case, we will include special ops from several countries Thumbs Up!

There will be units which are very relationed with special forces, for example, our UH-1Y Venom or MH-60K transport helicopters (these are the standard helicopter transports of elite infantry).

The UH-1Y will be the special ops helicopter in the Naval Mode:

The MH-60K will be the spec ops transport in standard missions (US Army / US Air Force):

As you can see, there will be vehicles which will be closely associated with the Special Forces.

General of the Army [Administrator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:39 pm

yeah,

but will we be able to built them from baracks ?

greetz cheers
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:56 pm

Nope, TAOW won't use the old base building system, all units will be deployed from outside the map (via cargo planes / transport helicopters / amphibious assault ships, etc.)

The old base building system will be completely removed altogether, this is due to the fact that we want TAOW to be as realistic as possible.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:06 am

how u mean without builings??? no snake dont do that:-(idont want to parchute the soldier to reinforcment:-(sry but i hate it makes not fun:-(

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:13 am

I know it sounds very shocking at first Shocked affraid Shocked confused Shocked

But me and Marc have the base removal planned for about one year and have thought a lot about it (as players and in technical terms such as coding), during the time we planned this, we "invented" a brand new gaming system (players won't just "parachute" reinforcements, there's a lot more to it than that, believe me Thumbs Up!).

At first it may sound very weird (since base building is the basis of C&C but that's just what we pretend to do, The Art of War won't be just "another mod", this project will hopefully "Revolutionize" Zero Hour with a brand new and fresh system that no one ever used to a large extent sunny sunny sunny
We consider ourselves as "pioneers" and will include many, many new systems that no one ever dared to talk about or even think about some years ago sunny

That being said, the base system removal is just the tip of the iceberg Cool! , TAOW's main objective is to bring more realism to Zero Hour, so we will do some very large changes.

Trust me, when you play it you're gonna say something like:
"Zero Hour, what's that!" Laughing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:19 am

:-(

but i can build many soldiers or??

u know like in zero hour for example 1 squad cost 600 and then i can build how much i want or??

and (just an idea) in the mod CWC there are two game modes first of with buildungs etc and the other with reinfrocments wich come from outside the map

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:49 am

Squadleader wrote::-(

lol!

Squadleader wrote:but i can build many soldiers or??

u know like in zero hour for example 1 squad cost 600 and then i can build how much i want or??

Yeah, you can have many units under your command, tanks and aircraft will need to be unlocked later but these are MUCH stronger comparing with ZH counterparts (worlds apart).

Squadleader wrote:and (just an idea) in the mod CWC there are two game modes first of with buildungs etc and the other with reinfrocments wich come from outside the map

We also thought of that, but we are preparing another project instead, the Naval Mode (a whole new amphibious battlefield where the player gets to control ships and much more).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:13 am

and why u dont do:D:D:D:D

if i capture a ship can i build there litte boat ??

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:17 am

Squadleader wrote:and why u dont do:D:D:D:D

Personnel restrictions (the current technical team is extremely small).

Squadleader wrote:if i capture a ship can i build there litte boat ??

Actually there will be a huge amount of ships, please take a look around these threads for extra information:

- http://taow.simulationboard.com/the-art-of-war-f6/naval-mode-t149.htm

- http://taow.simulationboard.com/the-art-of-war-f6/about-the-naval-way-t143.htm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:26 am

boah ccoooool guys i really want to help u but the problem is renx and w3d they are all in english and i dont understand the words there i have try to make a mod but i have failed

i failed by the instillation and i give up:-( Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

but with this mod everything is good cheers sunny king afro flower Rolling Eyes Razz

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:27 am

Thanks bro Thumbs Up!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:30 am

np its just the truth:-)

but iam very sad that i cant do those things like u Sad Sad

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:42 am

Fortunately there are a lot of great people that helped us and contributed us with their models (vehicles), the bigger challenges will be the larger ships, and specially the aircraft carriers pale:

We'll start a project with other modelers (modders which create 3D models/vehicles) to help us create those aircraft carriers.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:51 am

carries have to be better like the carrier in the campaign of zero hour:D:D

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:21 am

Definitely, I mean we could use this carrier, but we chose not to because we are creating a much more beautiful and realistic one sunny

The same goes to ZH's Battleships, we could use them but we don't because of their hideousness lol!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:42 am

yeah i dont like the ships of zero hour Very Happy:D

thats right u have to do new ships

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:08 am

Zero Hour ships are fictional (including the Aircraft Carrier) while TAOW will include realistic ships (based on current high technology).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader on Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:35 pm

do the ships got behind a hole (like the bf2 carrier) where the boats are???

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:44 pm

Laughing Yeah, some ships will be able to deploy smaller boats, these are the Amphibious Assault Ships:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:27 am

That's my favorite type of ship right there. The Wasp class amphibious assault ship.
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:07 am

they are great fun in bf2 (apart from trying to get an aircraft on deck! did somebody say... TK!? lol! )
the best thing these wasps will have over the bf2 wasps is one big main difference...

you can sink these ones! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

that's another idea for the randomizer!!! instead of the ships just sinking one way (in ZH the carrier sinking was very cool in the campaign. but anyone who wanted to use it themselves got a whipping from the map community saying it's too old and boring), your ships can sink several ways, i fully understand if you guys say no to this seeing as it would be a massive task (not the randomizer logic Razz you've already got that one covered. but making all the different ship death animations) but if you do, it would definatley pay off,
picture this; when people kill one zumwalt it gets a big hole ripped in its side, then slowly goes under, another zumwalt gets covered in many many small munitions explosions all over the deck, crippling it before it eventually breaks up, and finally, another could just have smoke and flames pouring out of the deck and every porthole, until a massive explosion rips the whole thing to shreds, tearing into two or three large pieces of hull, and hundreds of pieces of flying debris.

the only downside is, there is only one thing the sage engine would have more trouble processing than a navy... a dying navy. i dont know how it will tollerate destroyed ships but if you pull it off, you should go to full extent and really demolish every last bit of each ship!

big ask i know, months worth of work required for something that big, but totally worth the end result if it all comes together
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:34 am

Tusker2Zero wrote:That's my favorite type of ship right there. The Wasp class amphibious assault ship.

lol! We had several choices but we eventually chose the Wasp Class (specially since it's a multipurpose modern ship which haves exactly what we wanted to sunny

Pyrospastiac wrote:they are great fun in bf2 (apart from trying to get an aircraft on deck! did somebody say... TK!? lol! )

lol! When a plane lifts off from the Carrier in BF2, the chances it'll ever touchdown are dramatically small (it's just like kamikazes, they take off, but never need to worry with landings ).

The most "effective" way to "land" an aircraft on the ship was to use a bug:

Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Strange, but it's just another funny bug for the collection Razz Razz Razz

Pyrospastiac wrote:the best thing these wasps will have over the bf2 wasps is one big main difference...

you can sink these ones! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
that's another idea for the randomizer!!! instead of the ships just sinking one way (in ZH the carrier sinking was very cool in the campaign. but anyone who wanted to use it themselves got a whipping from the map community saying it's too old and boring), your ships can sink several ways, i fully understand if you guys say no to this seeing as it would be a massive task (not the randomizer logic Razz you've already got that one covered. but making all the different ship death animations) but if you do, it would definatley pay off,
picture this; when people kill one zumwalt it gets a big hole ripped in its side, then slowly goes under, another zumwalt gets covered in many many small munitions explosions all over the deck, crippling it before it eventually breaks up, and finally, another could just have smoke and flames pouring out of the deck and every porthole, until a massive explosion rips the whole thing to shreds, tearing into two or three large pieces of hull, and hundreds of pieces of flying debris.

the only downside is, there is only one thing the sage engine would have more trouble processing than a navy... a dying navy. i dont know how it will tollerate destroyed ships but if you pull it off, you should go to full extent and really demolish every last bit of each ship!

big ask i know, months worth of work required for something that big, but totally worth the end result if it all comes together

Definitely, I think we currently have a bunch of different "destroyed models" for our land units (like the M1), but in the navy case, I'd say it would be interesting if we had at least a couple of different animations and destroyed models.

That is one of those tasks which will need to be performed later on (after the Naval Mode is fully included and prepared), but according to our standards, I'd say we will definetly wanna include'em Twisted Evil. The bigger deal will be the ship models at first (the ships themselves I mean), from there on we can use'em as the "base" for the destroyed models.
Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:47 pm

the ship yes this ship i mean thx;-)

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:15 am

Hi,

I have a question... Question Maybe you can include the Belgian elite forces, who are called the "Para-commando's". They can be compared with the U.S. Rangers, but even better and harder trained! This comparasation can be made since they also perform "Para-drops"(that 's why they are called Para-commando's, and the "-commando"because of their very hard training in commando technics, climbing, survival in extreme conditions and rouge terrain... Twisted Evil )They are characterised by their red barett:

or:

this is their standard assault rifle(FNC), but it will be replaced soon by the FN 2000...
FNC:

FN 2000:

The FNC will almost completely be replaced by the FN 2000. These weapons are made in belgium and are fantastic !!! Laughing Laughing Laughing lol!
lol!

http://www.specialoperations.com/Foreign/Belgium/Para_Commandos/default.htm

greetz cheers

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next