Special forces

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Special forces

Post  Snake on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:40 am

I think that the European Paratroopers will be a "mixed" unit (with elite soldiers from several countries).

The F2000 will be one of the main EU Special Operations assault rifles Twisted Evil

General of the Army [Administrator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:45 am

Snake wrote:I think that the European Paratroopers will be a "mixed" unit (with elite soldiers from several countries).

The F2000 will be one of the main EU Special Operations assault rifles Twisted Evil

ok Thumbs Up!
glad to hear that, since the F2000 is a great AR Twisted Evil

cheers cheers

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:57 am

We'll be using a whole arsenal from Belgian FN (Fabrique Nationale de Herstal) weapons, some examples include the P90 Personal Defense Weapon (European Union):

Or the Mk.16 SCAR-L (US Special Forces):

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:16 pm

Snake wrote:We'll be using a whole arsenal from Belgian FN (Fabrique Nationale de Herstal) weapons, some examples include the P90 Personal Defense Weapon (European Union):

Or the Mk.16 SCAR-L (US Special Forces):

i know Thumbs Up! Very awesome !!!!!!!

greetz cheers

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:07 pm

Other major Belgian weapons which will appear in TAOW include (for example):

- FN Minimi, adopted by the US Military as the M249 SAW (US general purpose light machine gun):

- FN MAG, adopted by the US as the M240 (US general purpose medium machine gun):

Among many others.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:10 pm

just love it Thumbs Up!

cheers cheers

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vrisco on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:14 am

umm, i have some idea

about united European special forces, it would be good if UE's Spec Ops divided into some elements, like commandos from belgium para-commando, navy SF from Spanish UOE, and highly classified SF's (like Delta Forces) from british SAS
vrisco
Sergeant
Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:37 pm

That's our plan as well sunny

We will use the Special Forces class concept in order to include many special operations teams (this will happen with all the factions, this way both the EU, the US and the RF can have many of it's special forces teams).

Take the United States case for example, we are able to include basically all of the most well known spec ops teams (US Navy SEALs, "Delta Force", Green Berets, Marine Force Recon, Special Operations Aviation Regiment, etc.).

The European Union will have very diverse forces as well, SAS, KSK (Kommando Spezialkräfte - German Special Forces), certain units of the French Army Special Forces Brigade, etc.

Infantry is still being "created" at the moment, and we will only choose the specific spec ops forces once all the classes are created. The first faction to have their definitive special forces reveled is the US (as I'm sure you are aware, we have completed basic models for the US Army and US Marine models).

Other close future infantry developments will be to:

- create new troops with other psychical characteristics;
- extra gear;
- the standard assault rifle (after the poll decides which one will be included);
- other weapons.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vrisco on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:58 am

hmm, that's cool.. what about the uniforms of UE Spec Ops? will each spec ops team use their main battle dress uniform? or will be standarized?
vrisco
Sergeant
Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:08 pm

They'll hopefully have their own uniforms (and camouflage patterns as well), the main changes would be the camo and certain gear/weapons and voices (each from their specific mother tongue to keep realism Cool!).

As for the EU general infantry, we still have to decide which uniform they'll use though I suppose we will make a brand new uniform based on the main current European battle uniforms (similar to what happened with the US Marines camo). I'm still not sure, but we still haven't discussed the possibility of having several uniforms from several European countries (randomized among the general infantry).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vrisco on Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:55 am

hoo, that will be cool.. hehe Thumbs Up!

hmm, i have an idea, how about using camo pattern like actual USMC MARPAT camo, but, in multicamo pattern, hmm, i've seen a lot of this pattern on Counter Strike Player Skins, but, i forgot what skin which use that pattern
vrisco
Sergeant
Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Sounds like a great idea Thumbs Up!

I think the EU soldiers will have a standardized uniform and camo (opposed to the "multicamouflaged" infantry, which sounds less "standardized" though sill interesting and the idea wasn't discarded yet).

I'd say the standard EU uniform would be a "mix" of the main European Camouflages (kinda like an "European MARPAT" experiment, just like was done with the US Marines camo).

As a base camo pattern, I'd say the DPM (Disruptive Pattern Material) camouflage pattern (of British origins), would be an excellent starting point (specially since this camo is very used in many European countries, with regional adaptations), here is a sample of the current DPM in use with the British Armed Forces:

Other camouflages like the French Central European (CE) pattern will be taken into consideration, I'm quite curious to watch the results of our Euro Camo experiments scratch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vrisco on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:53 pm

Hey, dpm camo.. My country, Indonesia uses it for standard BDU.. Ehm, i found that indonesian marine corps uses customized dpm camo (marpat pattern model) or you can use multicamo pattern for multi terrain, just like your usmc but in different pattern
vrisco
Sergeant
Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:10 pm

vrisco wrote:Hey, dpm camo.. My country, Indonesia uses it for standard BDU.. Ehm, i found that indonesian marine corps uses customized dpm camo (marpat pattern model)

My country, Portugal, also uses a custom DPM camo, it's a fantastic camouflage pattern which can be easily adapted for the specific areas of operation (since there are very differences from one country to another, the camo also also modified to accommodate the changes and to make the camouflage more effective to that specific environment).

vrisco wrote:you can use multicamo pattern for multi terrain, just like your usmc but in different pattern

Definitely, multicamo is very adaptable as well, I'm quite curious to see which camo pattern will be created for the EU (I'm expecting something very interesting ).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vrisco on Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:21 am

yeah, dpm is cool.. haha

oh, btw, you could open this URL
http://www.multicampattern.com/gear.html#
that's what i was talking about

Laughing
vrisco
Sergeant
Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:51 pm

MultiCam sounds like a very interesting camo, specially for certain US Special Ops teams (since some are actually using that camo pattern).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:22 pm

vrisco wrote:umm, i have some idea

about united European special forces, it would be good if UE's Spec Ops divided into some elements, like commandos from belgium para-commando, navy SF from Spanish UOE, and highly classified SF's (like Delta Forces) from british SAS

see...the belgian para-commando's should be included, isn't it Very Happy Twisted Evil
snake, if ZH permits it, can you plz plz include them as the european paratroopers, since they are known as some of the most elite paratroopers of the world Razz (and if they are included, certainly include their wine-red barets, to recognize them Thumbs Up! (or use camo helmets, and show the red baret on a picture at the right bottom of the screen, like in ZH) :

and BTW the belgian para-commando's used to be a part of the british SAS cheers

greetz

edit: para-cdo's often use a lot of camouflage, like any other SF of course Thumbs Up!

and the belgian outfit, which then should be used in taow:

greetz and let me know what do you think eh snake
ths mate !

greetz Cool

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead on Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:32 pm

so what kind of things are spec ops going to be able to do? I just played zerohour as a stealth general. Then proceded to take over an airforce general, to get the combat chinook and rocket soldiers. I played as a stealth general so I could apply stealth to the rocket soldiers. I then take over a demolition general pretty much for the sole purpose of having a jarmen kell with demo abilities (built all the buildings behind my lines for both). Then proceed to take over a super weapons general for the sole purpose of have alpha arouras. Meanwhile 5 other armies are constantly breaking down my extensive defenses that I spent way too long preparing. I would love to have snipers but can't have stealth rocket soldiers and snipers because of the games restraints. Basically what I want is some killer infantry with a little air support and it takes like 2 hours to get the units I want. A Col. Burton, a couple Jarmen Kells, one with demo abilities, some stealth rocket soldiers. A stealth comanche here and there, a couple combat chinooks and then like 4 alpha auroras. By the time I get all the buildings built I have the whole God damn board bearing down on me. There must be an easier way. Is there any mods out along these lines? Love playing the game but when youve played it half a million times, you want to switch it up a little.

Wish you could just buy what you want. I mean who wants to spend 2 hours just to get the army you want? I always like playing against infantry generals because they are a pain in the ass, so when I finally do get the army I want they are rollin over me. If I put it on an easier level whats the point. Any ideas?
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead on Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:57 am

I hear you jarhead. That is a real pain. Wish EA wasn't such a massive tool. I know exactly what you mean about wanting a half way decent army with somekind of mobility. Unfortunately there are no helicopters in the middle east, let alone airplanes. Maybe someone should make it where you can steal technology without having to build or protect all the extranious buildings needed in the tech tree. But in the mean time, good luck, and God speed Jarhead.
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:45 am

Are you talking to yourself Jarhead? Or am I missing something here? scratch

Gonna get me some!

Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:37 am

lol!
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:45 am

Tusker2Zero wrote:Are you talking to yourself Jarhead? Or am I missing something here? scratch

he seems to... lol!

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead on Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Jarhead wrote:so what kind of things are spec ops going to be able to do? I just played zerohour as a stealth general. Then proceded to take over an airforce general, to get the combat chinook and rocket soldiers. I played as a stealth general so I could apply stealth to the rocket soldiers. I then take over a demolition general pretty much for the sole purpose of having a jarmen kell with demo abilities (built all the buildings behind my lines for both). Then proceed to take over a super weapons general for the sole purpose of have alpha arouras. Meanwhile 5 other armies are constantly breaking down my extensive defenses that I spent way too long preparing. I would love to have snipers but can't have stealth rocket soldiers and snipers because of the games restraints. Basically what I want is some killer infantry with a little air support and it takes like 2 hours to get the units I want. A Col. Burton, a couple Jarmen Kells, one with demo abilities, some stealth rocket soldiers. A stealth comanche here and there, a couple combat chinooks and then like 4 alpha auroras. By the time I get all the buildings built I have the whole God damn board bearing down on me. There must be an easier way. Is there any mods out along these lines? Love playing the game but when youve played it half a million times, you want to switch it up a little.

Wish you could just buy what you want. I mean who wants to spend 2 hours just to get the army you want? I always like playing against infantry generals because they are a pain in the ass, so when I finally do get the army I want they are rollin over me. If I put it on an easier level whats the point. Any ideas?

yeah, I was talkin to myself. Any other ideas on this one?
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:47 pm

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:
vrisco wrote:umm, i have some idea

see...the belgian para-commando's should be included, isn't it Very Happy Twisted Evil
snake, if ZH permits it, can you plz plz include them as the european paratroopers, since they are known as some of the most elite paratroopers of the world Razz (and if they are included, certainly include their wine-red barets, to recognize them Thumbs Up! (or use camo helmets, and show the red baret on a picture at the right bottom of the screen, like in ZH) :

and BTW the belgian para-commando's used to be a part of the british SAS cheers

greetz

edit: para-cdo's often use a lot of camouflage, like any other SF of course Thumbs Up!

and the belgian outfit, which then should be used in taow:

greetz and let me know what do you think eh snake
ths mate !

greetz Cool

Many thanks for the info and camo pattern image, I think the European paratroops will be randomized (having various soldier models from multiple countries for example), I'll ask Marc to include some models of the Belgian Para Commandos when work starts on European Infantry Thumbs Up!

Jarhead wrote:so what kind of things are spec ops going to be able to do? I just played zerohour as a stealth general. Then proceded to take over an airforce general, to get the combat chinook and rocket soldiers. I played as a stealth general so I could apply stealth to the rocket soldiers. I then take over a demolition general pretty much for the sole purpose of having a jarmen kell with demo abilities (built all the buildings behind my lines for both). Then proceed to take over a super weapons general for the sole purpose of have alpha arouras. Meanwhile 5 other armies are constantly breaking down my extensive defenses that I spent way too long preparing. I would love to have snipers but can't have stealth rocket soldiers and snipers because of the games restraints. Basically what I want is some killer infantry with a little air support and it takes like 2 hours to get the units I want. A Col. Burton, a couple Jarmen Kells, one with demo abilities, some stealth rocket soldiers. A stealth comanche here and there, a couple combat chinooks and then like 4 alpha auroras. By the time I get all the buildings built I have the whole God damn board bearing down on me. There must be an easier way. Is there any mods out along these lines? Love playing the game but when youve played it half a million times, you want to switch it up a little.

A specially built, "intelligent" AI which constantly changes tactics and adapts to the battlefield instead of sending countless waves of cannon fodder (like in ZH)

Jarhead wrote:I hear you jarhead. That is a real pain. Wish EA wasn't such a massive tool. I know exactly what you mean about wanting a half way decent army with somekind of mobility. Unfortunately there are no helicopters in the middle east, let alone airplanes. Maybe someone should make it where you can steal technology without having to build or protect all the extranious buildings needed in the tech tree. But in the mean time, good luck, and God speed Jarhead.

lol! Another reason to change to a more mobile battlefield : no need to protect some buildings which basically distract our attention during a critical course of battle.

Tusker2Zero wrote:Are you talking to yourself Jarhead? Or am I missing something here? scratch

lol! lol! lol!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:21 pm

Snake wrote:

Many thanks for the info and camo pattern image, I think the European paratroops will be randomized (having various soldier models from multiple countries for example), I'll ask Marc to include some models of the Belgian Para Commandos when work starts on European Infantry Thumbs Up!

awesome, so that one time u have para-commando's, then u have french or german or... Portugese of course cheers
does portugal have elite paratroopers, like the para-commando's?

grtz pig

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top