MODDB MOTY!!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MODDB MOTY!!!

Post  Pyrospastiac on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:02 am

Moddb has just fired up the polls for this years moddb Mod Of The Year awards!!!
so head on over there people and chuck in your vote for TAOW!!!

if you don't, Snake will slowly devour your grandmother and wash her down with the saliva of Adam Sandler which he accuired through the black market. Marc has also been known to take peoples kidneys while they sleep... Shocked
...and i'll just give you a square kick in the nuts if i can.

so vote now! TAOW rules! you all know it!
Rock on!
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MODDB MOTY!!!

Post  James100 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:49 am

LOL Voted For TAOW When The MOTY Polls Came Out! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:52 am

LOL Man Snake Will POISON you with the BITE of GLORY lol!
on the other hand MARK will Rap You to Death Razz
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:57 pm

lol! Huge thanks guys Thumbs Up!

(PS: I don't bite... a lot that is affraid lol! ).

General of the Army [Administrator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:36 pm

And Pyro HAPPY BIRTHDAY
I just realised that you turned 17
its not easy you know
in my time they were Airsoft-Fanatics Razz, etc...
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:47 pm

I think that when I made 17 I bought an airsoft HK33A3 (oh, those were the good'ol days, when airsoft guns were still cheaper and we still haven't had any legislation on'em Razz (no FPS limit, etc.).

Happy Birthday Pyrospastiac!!! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:12 pm

thanks guys! 8) Thumbs Up!
i didnt manage to get an airsoft for my birthday, but i did suffice with a midnight till dawn laser force marathon. i pretty much grabed all my mates, we stayed up till 11:00 playin multiplayer games n eatin pizza, then we headed down to the laser force place (it's got 4 stories of UV lights, walls, towers and bridges! Very Happy ) between matches we also got unlimited time on the arcade machines. i decided to go old school and played some metal slug! Rock on!
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:23 pm

Nice!!! Thumbs Up!

Gotta love a good'ol friend meeting combined with a multiplayer marathon and obviously the omnipresent pizza n' fast food drunken (speaking of which, me and some friends have organized several gaming marathons and even an airsoft game since January 1st (all in order to enjoy vacations while we still have'em, some even synchronized their vacations in order to have this week off Twisted Evil)).

By the way, sorry for still not being able to share the grass (renders) with you Sad lol! ).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:34 pm

umm, you've called it weed in another post with the little happy flower flower , and you've called it "grass" with the lil marijuana leaf. is it actually GRASS grass, or is it "graaass" drunken
personally i'd use both! make a jungle map with grass, then make a clearing with a weed crop. call in some napalm on it then watch my screen go fuzzy and watch as my troops suspiciously get sh*t faced. scratch drunken
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:42 pm

Pyrospastiac wrote:umm, you've called it weed in another post with the little happy flower flower , and you've called it "grass" with the lil marijuana leaf. is it actually GRASS grass, or is it "graaass" drunken
personally i'd use both! make a jungle map with grass, then make a clearing with a weed crop. call in some napalm on it then watch my screen go fuzzy and watch as my troops suspiciously get sh*t faced. scratch drunken

That, my friend, would be epic Razz Razz Razz

About the vegetation, we'll have many kinds (from the standard weed flower to the heavier grass Razz Razz Razz ).

Jungle maps will have, by far, the greatest kinds of weed/grass Twisted Evil (better equip infantry with gasmasks to avoid making them too "frisky" Razz Razz Razz ).

Just kidding, but speaking about Napalm smoking an entire crop, we'll have huge cluster bombs which can decimate entire forests Twisted Evil (really impressive when you use it for the first time Twisted Evil, the prob is that we may attract hostile attention from the tree huggers lol!).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:48 pm

then there's only one thing for it. grab your guns and chainsaws! were goin hippie huntin! BZZzzzz brrrrrRRRRRRR!!!!! *cocks rifle*

will the trees catch fire like they do in some other mods after EA took the flaming tree out of ZH!!!
or, you could use a combination of the infantry physics when they get hit by an explosion and go flying, and trees that use the getting knocked over script from tanks and vehicles. you could also add a third where the trees act like structures (except they cant be garrisoned Razz Razz Razz ) and just explode into branches and splinters like the GLA technical when it explodes.
you could have the trees that get directly hit in the epi-center blown out of existance, the trees next to the explosion blown away and go flying, and the further avay trees just fall down.

now THAT would be sweet!

Last edited by Pyrospastiac on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:54 pm

lol! We'll "smoke'em" all!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:57 pm

sorry, edited my last post while you replied Embarassed read as above ^ ^ ^ ^
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:27 pm

Pyrospastiac wrote:will the trees catch fire like they do in some other mods after EA took the flaming tree out of ZH!!!
or, you could use a combination of the infantry physics when they get hit by an explosion and go flying, and trees that use the getting knocked over script from tanks and vehicles. you could also add a third where the trees act like structures (except they cant be garrisoned Razz Razz Razz ) and just explode into branches and splinters like the GLA technical when it explodes.
you could have the trees that get directly hit in the epi-center blown out of existance, the trees next to the explosion blown away and go flying, and the further avay trees just fall down.

now THAT would be sweet!

lol! Well, on that case, trees and vegetation will be destroyed accordingly to the weapon used on them (trees and vegetation might get burned sometimes).

Then again, let's say you use a cluster bomb on a forest, depending on the CLB's fragment explosion and explosion epicenter, a tree might get blown up (branches and crap flying all over the place), or might be even blown away with the blast force.

I would personally love to propose some sort of a custom "Tree Rag Doll Effect", which I think we will include due to the randomizer logic (Godblessed Randomizer!!! cheers sunny ).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:58 pm

Snake wrote:I would personally love to propose some sort of a custom "Tree Rag Doll Effect", which I think we will include due to the randomizer logic (Godblessed Randomizer!!! cheers sunny ).

i hear that, pretty much all the good stuff in this mod has been due to the randomizer!
you should program the randomizer to make a 1 in 1,000,000 chance to spawn solid snake in the match! upgrades include camo suit, and (dun-dun-DUUUNN!!!) the headband!!!
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:20 pm

The randomizer was the biggest thing since the discovery of freeware XD (me and the TAOW crew were very surprised that no mod had the guts to make use of the randomizer, even after all these years, well, now it's our turn ("rediscovering and "re-channeling" Zero Hour assets" Wink).

Pyrospastiac wrote:
Snake wrote:I would personally love to propose some sort of a custom "Tree Rag Doll Effect", which I think we will include due to the randomizer logic (Godblessed Randomizer!!! cheers sunny ).

i hear that, pretty much all the good stuff in this mod has been due to the randomizer!
you should program the randomizer to make a 1 in 1,000,000 chance to spawn solid snake in the match! upgrades include camo suit, and (dun-dun-DUUUNN!!!) the headband!!!

lol! That would own, Old Snake randomly popping in the fray pirat scratch Laughing

The Randomizer is one of those things that just needed to be looked upon from a different perspective (we did that, and are reaping the rewards lol! ).

We basically took a small segment of logic (used on the GLA Technicals) and made it bigger, much MUCH BIGGER Twisted Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:59 pm

lol, i noticed, lets list all the things the randomiser does
-different paint schemes on tanks
-different bags on tanks
-different TUSK armour block ends
...*ten years later*...
-infantry clothes
-infantry weapon attachments
-infantry damage done
...*fifty years later*...
-plane paint schemes
-possibly tree destruction
and i think that's about it. hang on, TAOW was released 59 years ago! im gonna go play it! CURSES! THERE ARE NO SERVERS THAT HAVE IT ANYMORE!!! AND NO COMPUTER THAT'LL RECOGNISE SOMETHING THAT OLD!!! DAMMIT!!!
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:27 am

lol! Hopefully it won't take THAT long lol! (hopefully Suspect Laughing ).

Speaking of infantry, ours is awesome!!! (I'm not sure if we're gonna include any infantry pics on the next update, but it's sure to appear on the third Mega Update).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:43 am

but by the distance so far between the first and second mega update, the third will be some time mid-year!!!
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:46 pm

Naaa Razz , the Second Mega Update is taking a bit more due to some "technicalities", the third one won't hopefully take THAT long 8)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:49 pm

Hopefully The Second Will Be The Russian Update (I Think scratch )
Razz
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Yeah, I think there will be some extra Russian vehicles, but we'll show some units which we forgot to include in the last update (like the Chinook or the C-17).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:16 pm

Hey Pyrospastiac, check this thread to watch TAOW's Awesome Weed drunken , Marc did an outstanding job, it's definitely AWESOME!!!

http://taow.simulationboard.com/member-s-access-f5/in-game-progress-go-ahead-and-take-a-look-and-post-t179.htm#5564

You can also watch some of our old "Grass Prototypes" (the ones which didn't make it).

Note the trees and environment changes so far.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:47 pm

i've just had a look!
super crazy mega awesome!!!! cheers
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:57 pm

Marc made an outstanding job, just wait to watch the new, updated versions (with vegetation and the new trees together)

The grass is awesome, I'm sure you've noticed why we changed it from the first "prototypes" (it was specially because of the cam angle).

Many new great things have started today, James has joined the team, some HUGE enhancement projects and models/units have begun, I'd say the next two updates will be quite "interesting" sunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top