will be B-2 Spirit, B-1 Lancer, F-35 and F-22 there in the The Art of War mod?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

will be B-2 Spirit, B-1 Lancer, F-35 and F-22 there in the The Art of War mod?

Post  F-35 Lightning II on Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:57 am

These aircrafts are great, will these be included in the Mod? Smile
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: will be B-2 Spirit, B-1 Lancer, F-35 and F-22 there in the The Art of War mod?

Post  AgustaBE on Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:20 am

sure thing !!!

look here's a list of all the vehicles:p

http://taow.simulationboard.com/member-s-access-f5/the-art-of-war-vehicle-table-t122.htm

greetz

BTW welcome to the forum Smile this mod rox Rock on! lol!
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: will be B-2 Spirit, B-1 Lancer, F-35 and F-22 there in the The Art of War mod?

Post  Snake on Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:47 pm

F-35 Lightning II wrote:These aircrafts are great, will these be included in the Mod? Smile

Actually, all of those will be included lol!

Thanks F-16FightingFalcon Thumbs Up!

General of the Army [Administrator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:59 pm

uh-oh, now we've got 2 members named after their favorite planes! i sense some rivalry up ahead Razz
maybe we should set a side topic just for these two, what's better? f-35 or f-16? it sure would suck if a new member a joined called Eurofighter typhoon! me personally, i'm more of a Sukhoi man myself. Su-37 flanker-F ftw! i'd cast in my vote for the Su-47 Berkut, but i dont vote for concepts or prototypes, only production models. (i realise i've completley contradicted myself voting for the XM8 in the US standart weapon poll. but seeing as it'll be designated the M8 in TAOW, i guess it's ok.) for glorious Russia comrade!!!
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:17 pm

lol! It's funny you mention the Su-37 and the Su-47 (funny coincidence, specially since the team is making some "plans" with both of'em ).

Gotta love those planes.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:48 pm

always good 2 hear. Very Happy
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:39 am

F-35 Lightning II wrote:These aircrafts are great, will these be included in the Mod? Smile

About the versions we're including:

- F-22A Raptor;
- F-35B Lightning II;
- B-1B Lancer;
- B-2A Spirit.

If you want to watch the appropriate vehicle table (US Air Force - Planes Section), check this post:

http://taow.simulationboard.com/member-s-access-f5/the-art-of-war-vehicle-table-t122.htm#3659

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:29 pm

the F-35B is the STOVL variant yes?
i thought it was;
-F-35A conventional take off
-F-35B STOVL
-F-35C Carrier varient (similar to B except smaller. can be used in naval mode perhaps? )
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Yup, the F-35B can be considered as the USMC's (US Marines) Air Superiority Fighter in the Naval Mode.

-F-35A conventional take off
-F-35B STOVL
-F-35C Carrier varient (similar to B except smaller. can be used in naval mode perhaps? )

Actually we had an idea at first which was to include all those F-35 variants, but we made a rethinking and reviewed all their roles in game and concluded that we should limit their use.

The F-35A was going to be used in standard missions (but the F-22A eventually took it's role);
The F-35C had a role which was eventually taken by the F/A-18E and F/A-18F "Super Hornets".

The F-35B can be considered to be the later in game "replacement" of the Harrier (and will share some similarities like the "Hover Mode").

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero on Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:50 pm

Actually we had an idea at first which was to include all those F-35 variants, but we made a rethinking and reviewed all their roles in game and concluded that we should limit their use.

The F-35A was going to be used in standard missions (but the F-22A eventually took it's role);
The F-35C had a role which was eventually taken by the F/A-18E and F/A-18F "Super Hornets".

The F-35B can be considered to be the later in game "replacement" of the Harrier (and will share some similarities like the "Hover Mode").
In my opinion, I think you made the correct decision on this one. unhappy smileys

My question, however, is have you given any thought as to what aircraft will be launched from the new Queen Elizabeth class of British carriers? I haven't seen a potential stores list (although I haven't been looking for one either), but it would seem to me that the F-35C may (and I stress may, because there may be something else out there that I don't know about) be a good fit for the new British carrier.

Gonna get me some!

Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Thanks Thumbs Up! , we want people to rely on their good'ol F-16's and F/A-18's before changing to the F-22 and F-35's.

About the Queen Elizabeth Class, well, we are choosing planes from several European countries (we may add some "extra" changes on the carrier's ramp to make those planes more "realistic").

One of such planes is the French Rafale M (the French are also producing a very similar carrier project based on the Queen Elizabeth class).

Last edited by Snake on Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero on Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:05 pm

Hey, that sounds good. Even better I should say. That way the EU side doesn't become more seemingly 'Americanized' with American weaponry. Something different and something native and representative of the EU. I'm for it.

Gonna get me some!

Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:19 pm

Exactly, that's why we aren't including any European F-16's for example (even though it's a major model in use with many European Forces).

Other military units such as the M270 MLRS (which is a standard model in several Western European forces) won't be used as well (we are keen on using different units to give a more different feeling, we have many vehicles to choose from and so the EU will be the most diversified faction in TAOW).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:49 am

Snake wrote:lol! It's funny you mention the Su-37 and the Su-47 (funny coincidence, specially since the team is making some "plans" with both of'em ).

Gotta love those planes.

but you haven't put them in the unit list last time i checked it was just Su-25s (still awesome, but beside the point) and Su-33s.
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:27 am

Yeah, we are still making some "plans" Twisted Evil

We are even considering the inclusion of even more Sukhoi's sunny , though we are still "in talks" about it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top