China, Iran and North Korea...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

China, Iran and North Korea...

Post  F-35 Lightning II on Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:05 am

This country would be a good opponent with EU and US... we know that EU and China have their conflict now because of EU supports the Dalai Lama cause for Tibet's independence...Iran is somehow an ally of Russia, there are some rumors that Russia have supplied a S-300 missile for Iran.. North Korea is also an opponent for US...China also have some conflicts with US and it is also an ally of Russia...

you can add these factions in other succeeding version of TAOW mod.

These factions will be give some action for TAOW mod for the future...
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: China, Iran and North Korea...

Post  Snake on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:10 am

It's interesting that you mention other factions, when TAOW was initially started, we planned to have a lot of extra factions, but we eventually decided to not include them because it would be too ambitious and would take even more time for the mod's main release.

Let's just say we haven't forgotten other possible "frontlines" in other world locations (between other factions), at this point the team have decided to fully commit to the main factions: EU / US / RF. But the possibility is still there Wink

General of the Army [Administrator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am

Snake wrote:It's interesting that you mention other factions, when TAOW was initially started, we planned to have a lot of extra factions, but we eventually decided to not include them because it would be too ambitious and would take even more time for the mod's main release.

Let's just say we haven't forgotten other possible "frontlines" in other world locations (between other factions), at this point the team have decided to fully commit to the main factions: EU / US / RF. But the possibility is still there Wink
Thanks for leaving the door open to the idea of future factions well after the main release. I really believe that there should be one more faction. Even though you've stated in the storyline that the U.S. and the E.U. will have possibly strained relations, I think that for the most part people who play skirmish and online matches will be playing U.S. & E.U. versus Russia, in my opinion. Therefore, one more 'axis of evil' nations I believe is in order. A middle eastern country such as Iran perhaps? Or just keep China in the game. Just change the units. Like all of them. Twisted Evil

Gonna get me some!

Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:25 am

lol! I'm gonna make a confession: Embarassed

If we include a brand new faction in the fray, the next one will be China Twisted Evil (we wanted to create an Asiatic front as well (a separated conflict between China and some other brand new nations we intended to include though this is extremely raw info).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:31 am

Cool.

Gonna get me some!

Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:34 am

Though our focus is the "western front" at this time

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:56 am

Oh, of course. Get what you need to get done first. We all can wait for the other factions.

Gonna get me some!

Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:08 am

lol!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:33 am

yeah

i think its a great idead to have western front
but maybe u can create 1 or more "desert-look" map where some local rebellions are hidden like u mentionned in another topic snake Very Happy
so that u can have them either as an allie or either as an enemy, dpending if u gave them money and ammo and fuel or something Twisted Evil
these could be very usefull , just like the NATO-idea ,which in my opinion should certainly be included Twisted Evil cheers

greatz !!!!!!!!!!!!!! to everyone in this forum : this mod ROX !!!!!!!!!!!! lol!
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:44 pm

Thanks bro Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!

There will maaany missions on desert-themed maps Twisted Evil , in addition, there will be many missions on many diverse kinds of terrain and environments (snow maps, jungles, etc.), TAOW's Mapmaker will support a huge veriety of possible terrains sunny

As you can see, many of TAOW vehicles have desert camouflage:
http://taow.simulationboard.com/the-art-of-war-f6/the-art-of-war-vehicles-t117.htm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:23 am

nice

but will the idea of the rebellions be included? and what about th NATO ?

greetz cheers
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:09 am

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:nice

greetz cheers

Yup Thumbs Up! , many maps will have rebels or militia which can either help the player or attack them depending on the player's actions.

Plus, there will be many possibilities for mappers to include these new logics on their own maps (to create a more advanced experience than standard search and destroy missions).

About NATO, well, relations between the US and the EU will be affected during the campaign mode, and thus NATO won't appear as a whole.

If you meant the UN (United Nations), the idea provided by Tusker, it would be composed of other units (non European, American or Russian) in order to bring more diversity to the battlefield.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:11 pm

I think that is great. Every little detail enhances the game that much more than zero hour. Personally I think limiting where the combat takes place just limits the scope of the game (painting yourself into a corner senerio). I see no reason why TAOW can''t span the globe in every direction (map/unit wise) allowing for people with the enhanced world builder to make a "world" with all terrains/locations to be fought over.
I think if and when this mod comes out people will enjoy making foreign lands.
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:41 pm

Snake wrote:
F-16FightingFalcon wrote:nice

greetz cheers

Yup Thumbs Up! , many maps will have rebels or militia which can either help the player or attack them depending on the player's actions.

Plus, there will be many possibilities for mappers to include these new logics on their own maps (to create a more advanced experience than standard search and destroy missions).

About NATO, well, relations between the US and the EU will be affected during the campaign mode, and thus NATO won't appear as a whole.

If you meant the UN (United Nations), the idea provided by Tusker, it would be composed of other units (non European, American or Russian) in order to bring more diversity to the battlefield.

yeah the un i meant ^^

but will it be a controlable side or more based on the idea of tusker that u have to achieve support of the UN by capturing the control point... Question

greetz cheers
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:44 pm

Well, I'd say they would be controlled by the AI in order to help the faction which aids them.

If included, they won't have lots of heavier units (like tanks), instead they will have more lighter vehicles and infantry (light support), even so, they will have technologically modern units so we can't compare them to the ill-equipped rebels (which usually have outdated armament and vehicles).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero on Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:04 pm

That's music to my ears, bro.

Jarhead wrote:I think that is great. Every little detail enhances the game that much more than zero hour. Personally I think limiting where the combat takes place just limits the scope of the game (painting yourself into a corner senerio). I see no reason why TAOW can''t span the globe in every direction (map/unit wise) allowing for people with the enhanced world builder to make a "world" with all terrains/locations to be fought over.
Well said. I agree completely.

Snake wrote:Well, I'd say they would be controlled by the AI in order to help the faction which aids them.

If included, they won't have lots of heavier units (like tanks), instead they will have more lighter vehicles and infantry (light support), even so, they will have technologically modern units so we can't compare them to the ill-equipped rebels (which usually have outdated armament and vehicles).
Now this is a VERY interesting concept that you've added to the UN idea that would basically solve a lot off issues, if you and I are on the same page with this idea. Let me run through it with you here, to see if we are on, or about on, the same page.

1.) Player captures UN structure (base, FOB, HQ, whatever you call it).

2.) Player clicks on a 'build UN convoy button' (several varieties of convoys, build limit 1 or 2 on the map at the same time), and builds an AI controlled convoy (supply trucks & light units).

3.) The convoy slowly starts moving directly toward a humanitarian control point that the player selected.

4.) If the AI successfully reaches the humanitarian control point then the convoy disappears from the board. (right?)

If this idea is correct, I really like it.

It really removes the potential for player spamming of UN units to directly assist the player in attacking the opponent's bases, instead of providing humanitarian aide to the control points (villages, etc...). I really like this idea. Thumbs Up!

Gonna get me some!

Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:32 pm

Tusker2Zero wrote:
Snake wrote:Well, I'd say they would be controlled by the AI in order to help the faction which aids them.

Now this is a VERY interesting concept that you've added to the UN idea that would basically solve a lot off issues, if you and I are on the same page with this idea. Let me run through it with you here, to see if we are on, or about on, the same page.

2.) Player clicks on a 'build UN convoy button' (several varieties of convoys, build limit 1 or 2 on the map at the same time), and builds an AI controlled convoy (supply trucks & light units).

3.) The convoy slowly starts moving directly toward a humanitarian control point that the player selected.

4.) If the AI successfully reaches the humanitarian control point then the convoy disappears from the board. (right?)

It really removes the potential for player spamming of UN units to directly assist the player in attacking the opponent's bases, instead of providing humanitarian aide to the control points (villages, etc...). I really like this idea. Thumbs Up!

Exactly, I'd say this is fully achievable coding wise sunny (the CWC guys managed to create a convoy system which operated in the same basis as the UN one would so I'd say it's achievable Twisted Evil ).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:04 am

Good call Tusker. Things like this will set this mod apart from others. If half the ideas I've heard actually get put in the mod I think people are going to be

like . this game is off the hook! If everybody keeps their wheels turning something great is bound to come of it.
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:07 am

Tusker2Zero wrote:

That's music to my ears, bro.

Jarhead wrote:I think that is great. Every little detail enhances the game that much more than zero hour. Personally I think limiting where the combat takes place just limits the scope of the game (painting yourself into a corner senerio). I see no reason why TAOW can''t span the globe in every direction (map/unit wise) allowing for people with the enhanced world builder to make a "world" with all terrains/locations to be fought over.
Well said. I agree completely.

sounds nice Thumbs Up!
but...what will be the rewards then? will the UN convoy defend u and ur allies or something?Or aren't they allowed to shoot?
cheers greetz
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:29 am

Jarhead wrote:Good call Tusker. Things like this will set this mod apart from others. If half the ideas I've heard actually get put in the mod I think people are going to be

like . this game is off the hook! If everybody keeps their wheels turning something great is bound to come of it.

I agree.

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:sounds nice Thumbs Up!
but...what will be the rewards then? will the UN convoy defend u and ur allies or something?Or aren't they allowed to shoot?
cheers greetz
All of that still has to be worked out.

You can find the official idea thread here:
http://taow.simulationboard.com/member-s-access-f5/un-structure-and-specialized-control-points-idea-t191-15.htm

These are just some of the ideas that I posted on that thread:
Tusker2Zero wrote:By providing humanitarian aid to a humanitarian control point, allows the general (player) the ability of not only new units to be unlocked but special abilities provided by the grateful civilian population. This could lead to and include:

1.) Unlocking of trained rebels and RPG troopers (local militia), angry mobs, armed technicals.
2.) Provide local repair facilities, cash donations and supplies.
3.) Possibly unlock a civilian war factory that builds armored civilian buses and limos.
4.) They could provide local secret hiding spots where units would gain full stealth when located inside the village because the villagers are hiding the unit(s).
5.) Unlocking civilian spies for recon and/or hijacking. Prostitutes for additional cash, greater recon, and/or sabotage, since they can easily dig deeper into enemy territory. That sort of thing.

6.) and possibly other special powers and abilities not listed here.
Whether any of this makes it into the mod, who knows at this point.

Feel free to go to the thread that I provided a link to above and add your own comments, suggestions, and addtions to this idea.

Gonna get me some!

Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 am

ths bro cheers =)
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:02 pm

Jarhead wrote:Good call Tusker. Things like this will set this mod apart from others. If half the ideas I've heard actually get put in the mod I think people are going to be

lol! Too true, if we manage to include even a few of the concepts we want, people may be shocked Shocked , which is always a great thing because we don't want TAOW to be "just another mod" which can be differentiated from ZH by just having a couple of new units and a new idea or two.

We want the mod to revolutionize and to breathe new life into ZH sunny sunny sunny

Tusker2Zero wrote:

I agree.

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:sounds nice Thumbs Up!
cheers greetz
All of that still has to be worked out.

You can find the official idea thread here:
http://taow.simulationboard.com/member-s-access-f5/un-structure-and-specialized-control-points-idea-t191-15.htm

These are just some of the ideas that I posted on that thread:
Tusker2Zero wrote:By providing humanitarian aid to a humanitarian control point, allows the general (player) the ability of not only new units to be unlocked but special abilities provided by the grateful civilian population. This could lead to and include:

1.) Unlocking of trained rebels and RPG troopers (local militia), angry mobs, armed technicals.
2.) Provide local repair facilities, cash donations and supplies.
3.) Possibly unlock a civilian war factory that builds armored civilian buses and limos.
4.) They could provide local secret hiding spots where units would gain full stealth when located inside the village because the villagers are hiding the unit(s).
5.) Unlocking civilian spies for recon and/or hijacking. Prostitutes for additional cash, greater recon, and/or sabotage, since they can easily dig deeper into enemy territory. That sort of thing.

6.) and possibly other special powers and abilities not listed here.
Whether any of this makes it into the mod, who knows at this point.

Feel free to go to the thread that I provided a link to above and add your own comments, suggestions, and addtions to this idea.

Yup, this is an experimental idea (which will hopefully make it's way into the mod Wink ).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top