Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Tusker2Zero on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:41 am

This thread is dedicated to posting ideas for changes to (or additions to) civilian planes, trains, and automobiles.




_________________



Gonna get me some!


avatar
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Posts : 430
Join date : 2008-11-21
Location : Nashville, TN USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Tusker2Zero on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:46 am

Ok. Here's an opening thought. Trains.

There is a famous map.ini floating around that changes one of the worldbuilder trains into a garrisionalbe train. I would sugget that if possible, this mod makes a garrisionable train built into the mod. Something that can be used in all modes of the game. Skirmish, online, etc... .

No more will a mapper need to include the train map.ini in his maps, since it will be built into the mod.

_________________



Gonna get me some!


avatar
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Posts : 430
Join date : 2008-11-21
Location : Nashville, TN USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Snake on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:51 pm

I'd say it would be very cool, I personally always loved more "lively" urban maps (with trains, traffic, etc.), I'd say it would be very cool to have that included in our maps (and to "facilitate" the mappers life in case he/she decides to make a more advanced map).

Garrisonable trains would be quite an interesting add-on as well (a extra way of infantry interacting with the environment) though some study and "field research" would have to be conducted first in order to check how well it works with squads.

_________________
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -- George Patton
avatar
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]
General of the Army [Administrator]

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2008-02-11
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Jarhead on Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:56 pm

That does sound really cool. Especially if you can tell the train when and where to stop. Particularly when there is normally a train running through the board anyway.
avatar
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Posts : 408
Join date : 2008-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Pyrospastiac on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:37 pm

i could never get the Ping-Pong waypoints to work for trains, i followed the tutorial instructions but they all ended up doing 360 burnouts out of the station backwards Neutral
im not sure why i can make them stop and start at stations so easy but not do ping-pong stations Evil or Very Mad Sad
but the one thing i never got about ZH is, if it's supposed to be the modern stage... why the hell are there only steam engines!?!!?
my first request for civie vehicles would be to add some proper deisel engines.
avatar
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 164
Join date : 2008-11-01
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne / Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Tusker2Zero on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:52 pm

Pyrospastiac wrote:... but the one thing i never got about ZH is, if it's supposed to be the modern stage... why the hell are there only steam engines!?!!?
my first request for civie vehicles would be to add some proper deisel engines.
I never did understand that one either.

Let's get some diesels in the game. Perhaps an AMTRAK model as well.

_________________



Gonna get me some!


avatar
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Posts : 430
Join date : 2008-11-21
Location : Nashville, TN USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Pyrospastiac on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:52 pm

im not by any means 'opposed' to elctrics, it's just that, the wires will be pretty troublesome to add.
maybe instead of making the wires objects that people have to carefully place between each post, you could use the road logic or even better yet, the bridge logic to place them. the bridge logic seems to manage the stretching of the support sections of each bridge just fine. but instead of a bridge, make an overhead wire which people can stretch from pole to pole.

i would be happy with just 'deisel' and 'electric' but so long as were being more specific at the moment with "amtrack" and such, i'd like to request a BNSF deisel locomotive, and some double stack container cars.
avatar
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 164
Join date : 2008-11-01
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne / Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Tusker2Zero on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:25 am

Pyrospastiac wrote:... i'd like to request a BNSF deisel locomotive, and some double stack container cars.

Let's talk railroads!

I'd like to suggest my favorite, CSX diesel locomotives for inclusion into the mod.

I live within 2 miles from a major CSX rail and intermodal facility. Double stacked cargo containers, piggyback truck trailer flat cars, and auto hauling rail-cars are the normal through here. I would love to see modern diesel engines (BSNF and/or CSX), realistic looking rail facilities (roundhouse with non-operable trains), and a nice looking passenger station (see Nashville Union Station below), all in the mod, if possible.

Below is a Google Earth shot that I made of Radnor yard. This is only half of the facility. There is more to the north and south, which is actually east and west respectively in this picture, since I rotated it to get a better shot of the facility, and Interstate 65 (a major 8 lane highway). It's a 24 hour a day operation, at night you can hear a lot of commotion coming from it, even though I'm about two miles away from the facilities.





Below is some general information and photos of these facilities here in Nashville:

'Nashville is served by two short-line railroads: the Nashville Eastern and the Nashville Western, along with the Class I Carrier, CSX Transportation, offering rail service connecting the Nashville area to the nation's marketplace. CSX Transportation's Nashville classification yard is a major hub for the Southeast, connecting other CSX lines from Atlanta, Birmingham, Evansville, Louisville and Memphis, all intersecting here.

* CSX provides 2,700-route-miles service to 23 states, the District of Columbia and two Canadian provinces.
* CSX serves 27 of the top 50 U.S. metro markets.
* CSX serves 45 ocean, lake and river ports.
* One of the largest hump yards in the Southeast is located in Nashville.
* Nashville is a major interchange point between Chicago, New Orleans, St. Louis and Atlanta.
* An average of 90 trains and 7,200 railcars pass through Nashville daily.
* An average of 1,800 railcars are classified daily in the hump yard.
* CSX Intermodal provides Nashville with one of the most modern piggyback and loading/unloading systems in the nation. Some 8,300 containers or trailers are handled monthly. ...'

Source - Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce:
http://www.nashvilleareainfo.com/default.aspx?Page=FreightRails

Nice CSX shots:
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=166461&nseq=19
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=50878&nseq=80
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=44305&nseq=103
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=122263&nseq=23
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=50771&nseq=81

Radnor Yard:
http://rayspics.railfan.net/Radnor.html
http://www.jefflubchanskycpa.com/CSXRADNOR.html
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=45017&nseq=95
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=40379&nseq=120
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=35036&nseq=132
http://www.flickr.com/photos/perspectivephotography/2559314053/

Just a neat shot near downtown Nashville:
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=35726&nseq=129

Union station in Nashville (now a hotel):

' The Nashville Union Station and Trainshed were constructed in the 1890s as part of the Louisville and Nashville (L&N) Railroad's construction program to improve passenger facilities. As a major transfer station on the Louisville and Nashville and the Nashville, Chattanooga and St. Louis lines, the architecture and size of the train station and shed articulated the importance of Nashville to passenger transport to the West and Midwest. The station was designed by Richard Montfort, an engineer employed by the railroad. Montfort was trained at the Royal College of Science in Dublin, Ireland, and was influenced by the work of H.H. Richardson. The train station design is reminiscent of Richardson's Alleghany County Courthouse in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Spanning a length of 200 feet, the Nashville Trainshed was the longest of the trainsheds built by the L&N in the 1890s during their improvement phase. This made it the longest single-span, gable roof structure constructed in the Unites States, surpassing the St. Paul Union Depot trainshed by eleven feet. The Nashville trainshed epitomized the height of the gable roof type and its metal-framed construction made significant contributions to modern building practices. ...'

Background Info:
http://www.nps.gov/history/nhl/DOE_dedesignations/Nashville%20Union.htm
http://www.lnrailroad.net/louisvillenashville022.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Station_(Nashville)

Other photos (after train shed was torn down):
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=22763&nseq=144
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=259548&nseq=4
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=109925&nseq=23


Last edited by Tusker2Zero on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed direction of the pics description. Got it backasswards. lol)

_________________



Gonna get me some!


avatar
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Posts : 430
Join date : 2008-11-21
Location : Nashville, TN USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Tusker2Zero on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:42 am

Here's a Google Earth shot of the roundhouse:



What's a roundhouse, you say? For those who don't know click the following Wiki link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roundhouse

_________________



Gonna get me some!


avatar
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Posts : 430
Join date : 2008-11-21
Location : Nashville, TN USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Pyrospastiac on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:13 pm

well i'm not sure who doesnt know what a roundhouse is Neutral , but i guess there's always that possibility.
i live in Melbourne which is in Victoria, Australia. we use wide guage tracks (because the people who made it were to friggin stupid to run standard) and a bunch of piss-weak locomotive that fail at calling themselves freights. (we got some nice electrics tho. Thumbs Up! )
so im not interested in any of the rolling stock i see each day beeing included in the mod, which is why i suggested the BNSF.
if you want an amtrack, i wouldn't go with bullet trains because they whizz past the battlefield before you can blow them up. Twisted Evil so i would go with the superliner phase 3 range. sure, there's the phase 4s, but they don't look nearly as pretty as the phase 3s.
locomotive wise for the BNSF i would say anything from a dash-9 to an SD 70 Mac, badass loco. as for Union Pacific, Berlington Northern or Santa Fe, i have no preferences to whether they're in the mod or not.
unfortunatley i'll never see any of these cruise past me unless i just fix the problem myself! i'm off to make a second pair of standard guage rails between the wide guages, wish me luck! i'll see you all in 3000 years!
avatar
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 164
Join date : 2008-11-01
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne / Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Pyrospastiac on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:25 pm

even if none of what we've requested turns up in the mod, that's ok (after all it's not a rail-sim Razz ) seeing as everything in this mod is being scaled up (trees, buildings) the current roads will have to be re-done so a 4 lane doesn't look like a single lane with 3 lines of duct tape over the one lane Razz .
i have but one major request for the railroads in ZH. FIX THE TRACKS PLEASE!!! apart from making them bigger there are just two main alterations that i request. fix the switch points! the side track on them juts out at a rediculous angle (something like 45 degrees) when it should be no more than 20 IF THAT! the second is, make railroad crossings!!! if coding the worldbuilder to intersect different types of roads together is too hard, then just make it so the rail layer is higher than any of the road layers so we can just lay down the two railed track with no sleepers or ballast over a road that goes under it. because atm all roads overlap rails which is just dumb! infact roads overlap everything! you cant make a pedestrian crossing on road, only concrete textured ground.
just moving roads down on the height list of all road options below rail and road painted signs (arrows, crossings) and i'd be happy!
avatar
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 164
Join date : 2008-11-01
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne / Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Tusker2Zero on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:48 pm

I agree with you totally!

_________________



Gonna get me some!


avatar
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Posts : 430
Join date : 2008-11-21
Location : Nashville, TN USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Jarhead on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:55 am

All I know is trains would make for great "sneak attacks." Everythings fine one minute until you have an unwelcomed regiment show up at your campfire.



silent Mad
avatar
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Posts : 408
Join date : 2008-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Pyrospastiac on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:25 am

all aboard!!! now departing, express train to HELL!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
avatar
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 164
Join date : 2008-11-01
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne / Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Jarhead on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:38 am

Twisted Evil
avatar
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Posts : 408
Join date : 2008-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Tusker2Zero on Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:07 am

"Dont worry about that train back there. It's just me and the boys out doin' a little site seeing today." Twisted Evil

_________________



Gonna get me some!


avatar
Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Posts : 430
Join date : 2008-11-21
Location : Nashville, TN USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Snake on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:03 pm

Jarhead wrote:That does sound really cool. Especially if you can tell the train when and where to stop. Particularly when there is normally a train running through the board anyway.

Yeah, it makes the map look way livelier (and more realistic as well).

Pyrospastiac wrote:i could never get the Ping-Pong waypoints to work for trains, i followed the tutorial instructions but they all ended up doing 360 burnouts out of the station backwards Neutral
im not sure why i can make them stop and start at stations so easy but not do ping-pong stations Evil or Very Mad Sad
but the one thing i never got about ZH is, if it's supposed to be the modern stage... why the hell are there only steam engines!?!!?
my first request for civie vehicles would be to add some proper deisel engines.

Definitely agreed, the first time I watched ZH trains I said something like:

"Whoa dude, are they going to Hogwarts or what???"

Tusker2Zero wrote:
Pyrospastiac wrote:... but the one thing i never got about ZH is, if it's supposed to be the modern stage... why the hell are there only steam engines!?!!?
my first request for civie vehicles would be to add some proper deisel engines.
I never did understand that one either.

Let's get some diesels in the game. Perhaps an AMTRAK model as well.

Definitely, maybe some mappers have already came up with more advanced-looking trains? scratch (I think I played some maps which had newer train models I never seen in ZH, I'm not sure which map was though).

Pyrospastiac wrote:im not by any means 'opposed' to elctrics, it's just that, the wires will be pretty troublesome to add.
maybe instead of making the wires objects that people have to carefully place between each post, you could use the road logic or even better yet, the bridge logic to place them. the bridge logic seems to manage the stretching of the support sections of each bridge just fine. but instead of a bridge, make an overhead wire which people can stretch from pole to pole.

i would be happy with just 'deisel' and 'electric' but so long as were being more specific at the moment with "amtrack" and such, i'd like to request a BNSF deisel locomotive, and some double stack container cars.

I'd say it would be very interesting to add both types (to give mappers more choices, know what I mean?)

Pyrospastiac wrote:but instead of a bridge, make an overhead wire which people can stretch from pole to pole.

I think there might be a way to do so Twisted Evil (I'm not sure though, we'll have to look into it once we start to include newer objects and logics in the mapmaker big time), but I think that Marc has already thought of a way to solve it sunny

Tusker2Zero wrote:
Pyrospastiac wrote:... i'd like to request a BNSF deisel locomotive, and some double stack container cars.

Let's talk railroads!

I'd like to suggest my favorite, CSX diesel locomotives for inclusion into the mod.

I live within 2 miles from a major CSX rail and intermodal facility. Double stacked cargo containers, piggyback truck trailer flat cars, and auto hauling rail-cars are the normal through here. I would love to see modern diesel engines (BSNF and/or CSX), realistic looking rail facilities (roundhouse with non-operable trains), and a nice looking passenger station (see Nashville Union Station below), all in the mod, if possible.

Below is a Google Earth shot that I made of Radnor yard. This is only half of the facility. There is more to the north and south, which is actually east and west respectively in this picture, since I rotated it to get a better shot of the facility, and Interstate 65 (a major 8 lane highway). It's a 24 hour a day operation, at night you can hear a lot of commotion coming from it, even though I'm about two miles away from the facilities.





Below is some general information and photos of these facilities here in Nashville:

'Nashville is served by two short-line railroads: the Nashville Eastern and the Nashville Western, along with the Class I Carrier, CSX Transportation, offering rail service connecting the Nashville area to the nation's marketplace. CSX Transportation's Nashville classification yard is a major hub for the Southeast, connecting other CSX lines from Atlanta, Birmingham, Evansville, Louisville and Memphis, all intersecting here.

* CSX provides 2,700-route-miles service to 23 states, the District of Columbia and two Canadian provinces.
* CSX serves 27 of the top 50 U.S. metro markets.
* CSX serves 45 ocean, lake and river ports.
* One of the largest hump yards in the Southeast is located in Nashville.
* Nashville is a major interchange point between Chicago, New Orleans, St. Louis and Atlanta.
* An average of 90 trains and 7,200 railcars pass through Nashville daily.
* An average of 1,800 railcars are classified daily in the hump yard.
* CSX Intermodal provides Nashville with one of the most modern piggyback and loading/unloading systems in the nation. Some 8,300 containers or trailers are handled monthly. ...'

Source - Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce:
http://www.nashvilleareainfo.com/default.aspx?Page=FreightRails

Nice CSX shots:
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=166461&nseq=19
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=50878&nseq=80
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=44305&nseq=103
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=122263&nseq=23
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=50771&nseq=81

Radnor Yard:
http://rayspics.railfan.net/Radnor.html
http://www.jefflubchanskycpa.com/CSXRADNOR.html
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=45017&nseq=95
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=40379&nseq=120
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=35036&nseq=132
http://www.flickr.com/photos/perspectivephotography/2559314053/

Just a neat shot near downtown Nashville:
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=35726&nseq=129

Union station in Nashville (now a hotel):

' The Nashville Union Station and Trainshed were constructed in the 1890s as part of the Louisville and Nashville (L&N) Railroad's construction program to improve passenger facilities. As a major transfer station on the Louisville and Nashville and the Nashville, Chattanooga and St. Louis lines, the architecture and size of the train station and shed articulated the importance of Nashville to passenger transport to the West and Midwest. The station was designed by Richard Montfort, an engineer employed by the railroad. Montfort was trained at the Royal College of Science in Dublin, Ireland, and was influenced by the work of H.H. Richardson. The train station design is reminiscent of Richardson's Alleghany County Courthouse in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Spanning a length of 200 feet, the Nashville Trainshed was the longest of the trainsheds built by the L&N in the 1890s during their improvement phase. This made it the longest single-span, gable roof structure constructed in the Unites States, surpassing the St. Paul Union Depot trainshed by eleven feet. The Nashville trainshed epitomized the height of the gable roof type and its metal-framed construction made significant contributions to modern building practices. ...'

Background Info:
http://www.nps.gov/history/nhl/DOE_dedesignations/Nashville%20Union.htm
http://www.lnrailroad.net/louisvillenashville022.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Station_(Nashville)

Other photos (after train shed was torn down):
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=22763&nseq=144
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=259548&nseq=4
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=109925&nseq=23

Shocked Shocked Shocked Now THAT's A HUGE TRAIN STATION!!! What a Face

I think we may be able to include some features of that train station Wink

Tusker2Zero wrote:Here's a Google Earth shot of the roundhouse:



What's a roundhouse, you say? For those who don't know click the following Wiki link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roundhouse

Wow, that's a MASSIVE Roundhouse, I'd say it would be great if we managed to create some roundhouses for both more "urban" / city-themed maps and industrial ones scratch

Pyrospastiac wrote:well i'm not sure who doesnt know what a roundhouse is Neutral , but i guess there's always that possibility.
i live in Melbourne which is in Victoria, Australia. we use wide guage tracks (because the people who made it were to friggin stupid to run standard) and a bunch of piss-weak locomotive that fail at calling themselves freights. (we got some nice electrics tho. Thumbs Up! )
so im not interested in any of the rolling stock i see each day beeing included in the mod, which is why i suggested the BNSF.
if you want an amtrack, i wouldn't go with bullet trains because they whizz past the battlefield before you can blow them up. Twisted Evil so i would go with the superliner phase 3 range. sure, there's the phase 4s, but they don't look nearly as pretty as the phase 3s.
locomotive wise for the BNSF i would say anything from a dash-9 to an SD 70 Mac, badass loco. as for Union Pacific, Berlington Northern or Santa Fe, i have no preferences to whether they're in the mod or not.
unfortunatley i'll never see any of these cruise past me unless i just fix the problem myself! i'm off to make a second pair of standard guage rails between the wide guages, wish me luck! i'll see you all in 3000 years!

lol! Good luck Thumbs Up! , It would be fantastic if people from several points of the world could contribute with new objects to the mapmaker (a way to diversify stuff as well which is always great since we want to have a lot of map support for many kinds of areas).

Jarhead wrote:All I know is trains would make for great "sneak attacks." Everythings fine one minute until you have an unwelcomed regiment show up at your campfire.
silent Mad

Fortunately, Tusker knows how we can use trains to move units around the battlefield (which will hopefully bring more interaction with the map environment).

Pyrospastiac wrote:all aboard!!! now departing, express train to HELL!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

lol! lol! lol! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Tusker2Zero wrote:"Dont worry about that train back there. It's just me and the boys out doin' a little site seeing today." Twisted Evil

lol!

_________________
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -- George Patton
avatar
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]
General of the Army [Administrator]

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2008-02-11
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  James100 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:09 pm

LOL Once I Built A HUUUUUUUUUUGE Mass Of Tanks And All Destroyed By A Train!
A TRAIIIIIIIIIIIN
It Was Like, "USA Armor Divisions"
Then "Chou Chou"
Blast
avatar
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Posts : 1294
Join date : 2008-11-09
Age : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Snake on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:34 pm

I know exactly what ya mean, what a big time embarrassment Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I'd say it would be interesting to watch a train having a little "accident" once it tried to hit'n run our units, I mean, we can't just include a train which "kills" a tank by just touching it, that would be "dubious" to say the least Suspect

_________________
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -- George Patton
avatar
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]
General of the Army [Administrator]

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2008-02-11
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  James100 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:43 pm

lol when u run over soldiers they die b4 you touch em
avatar
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Posts : 1294
Join date : 2008-11-09
Age : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Snake on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:22 pm

lol! A premeditated "heart attack" lol!

_________________
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -- George Patton
avatar
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]
General of the Army [Administrator]

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2008-02-11
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Pyrospastiac on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:51 pm

lol, trains in the last ZH had so much health, the only way to kill em was to either nuke em at a station ...several times! or, just place a GLA demo trap in front of em!? it was really stupid!!!

as for the roundhouse and turntable, i once tried to make one in ZH!!! lol! it didn't turn out too bad, i'd just prefer a properly made one lol!
avatar
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 164
Join date : 2008-11-01
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne / Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Snake on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:54 pm

Pyrospastiac wrote:lol, trains in the last ZH had so much health, the only way to kill em was to either nuke em at a station ...several times! or, just place a GLA demo trap in front of em!? it was really stupid!!!

Yeah, I mean:

"WHOA DUDE, MY MIGHTY TANKS ARE BEING CHEWED UP BY HOGWARTS EXPRESS Shocked."

*cough* O_o' *cough*

I hope there's a way we can stop this nonsense (for example, by causing a "little derailment" hehehe Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ).

Pyrospastiac wrote:as for the roundhouse and turntable, i once tried to make one in ZH!!! lol! it didn't turn out too bad, i'd just prefer a properly made one lol!

If you still have it, I think someone can upgrade it, I recall the good'ol Counter Strike days when many modelers helped each other in order to create some of the most fantastic weapon models sunny

_________________
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -- George Patton
avatar
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]
General of the Army [Administrator]

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2008-02-11
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Jarhead on Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:52 am

Talking about that, what happened to the old days when people worked together for common intrests? Like making mods, alot of people are like, "I'm not giving you the code to do this or that." I don't get it. Everybody wants to play good games right? So why are people so protective of a a peice of code that someone will probably just copy down the road anyways? Work together, play together. Everybodys happy.
avatar
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Posts : 408
Join date : 2008-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  James100 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:54 am

Some Idiots Think They Won't Take Credit For What They Gave Or Etc...
avatar
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

Posts : 1294
Join date : 2008-11-09
Age : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum