Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  Snake on Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:18 am

Jarhead wrote:Talking about that, what happened to the old days when people worked together for common intrests? Like making mods, alot of people are like, "I'm not giving you the code to do this or that." I don't get it. Everybody wants to play good games right? So why are people so protective of a a peice of code that someone will probably just copy down the road anyways? Work together, play together. Everybodys happy.

EXACTLY, I know perfectly what you mean, I'm from the "Counter Strike 1.5 Generation of Modders", most modders were very cool, I mean, we could use a weapon skin and upgrade it at will without being afraid of causing a riot (the least we could do would be to mention the original producer or mail them in case they asked to in the readme file).

I mean, I still recall watching weapon skinning project for CS which had dozens of "independent" skinners and modelers, the results were absolutely fantastic. Cooperation was the name of the game and most people were cool with it, now things are much different.

Even though, there still are a lot of fantastic people which help modders these days, the Mideast Crisis Team guys, for example, are fantastic Cool! , they gave us access to their vehicles when we asked'em sunny , in addition we have a lot of people which have helped us a LOT (by helping us with models, etc.).

James100 wrote:Some Idiots Think They Won't Take Credit For What They Gave Or Etc...

Yeah, our policy regarding other people's models in this project is to have a clear authorization, anything less and we won't include it.

Speaking of Modding projects, check this counter strike site and check out these beauties:

http://csnation.totalgamingnetwork.com/skins/browse_skins.php/m4a1/

Look at the authors... (many people, all cooperated in order to produce those beauties sunny ).

General of the Army [Administrator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:31 am

Twisted Evil train to hell leaving in 5 minutes...please all board lol! lol! lol!

i think there should be many civilian units in a lot of maps Twisted Evil

greetz!!!

BTW if u guys have map ideas: Cool! Laughing
http://taow.simulationboard.com/the-art-of-war-f6/what-kind-of-maps-t212.htm
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:43 am

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:Twisted Evil train to hell leaving in 5 minutes...please all board lol! lol! lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:i think there should be many civilian units in a lot of maps Twisted Evil

Oh yeah, there will be many civilian units sunny sunny sunny (new civilians, cars and buildings Thumbs Up! ).

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:BTW if u guys have map ideas: Cool! Laughing
http://taow.simulationboard.com/the-art-of-war-f6/what-kind-of-maps-t212.htm

Many thanks for creating the map thread Cool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:41 pm

great !!!!!!!!

cheers cheers
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zell_Dincht on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:41 pm

Greetings, hey Marc sorry for asking this but can you do a 3d model of my car and include it in the mod as a civilian car? It's a Peugeot 106, i don't have any experience on 3d modeling, but i think the car is simple to make, here is some pics, don't get me wrong is only a suggestion. Very Happy

Zell_Dincht
Sergeant
Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:49 pm

Eu acho que tenho um modelo de um Peugeot 106 scratch (não tenho a certeza), durante a fase de criar veículos civis eu recomendo este carro Thumbs Up!

I think I have a Peugeot 106 model scratch (not sure though), during the civilian vehicle creation phase I'll recommend this car Thumbs Up!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top