Artificial. Intelligence.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Artificial. Intelligence.

Post  James100 on Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:49 am

BTW Guys
As we all know that TAOW is a tactical and realistic mod...
But The AI Difficulty We Need To Make It Seam Fair
I Mean Some User's Wont Be Used To Realism
So:

_Dumb AI (Very Easy)
_Smart AI (Medium)
_Genius AI (Brutal)

What DO Ya Think?
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Artificial. Intelligence.

Post  F-35 Lightning II on Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:56 am

That's great! Chuck Norris will surely won't survive this game...

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
F-35 Lightning II
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:05 am

Laughing
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:20 pm

James100 wrote:BTW Guys
So:

_Dumb AI (Very Easy)
_Smart AI (Medium)
_Genius AI (Brutal)

What DO Ya Think?

_Genius AI (Brutal) = u r mode.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist folks. Twisted Evil

Gonna get me some!

Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:23 pm

No Worries lol!
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:42 pm

sounds good

cheers cheers
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:55 pm

Tusker2Zero wrote:
James100 wrote:BTW Guys
So:

_Dumb AI (Very Easy)
_Smart AI (Medium)
_Genius AI (Brutal)

What DO Ya Think?

_Genius AI (Brutal) = u r mode.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist folks. Twisted Evil

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

In fact, even the easy AI will be enhanced (though we want it to be "accessible"), ideally, we would have about 5 different AI levels (I'm afraid we can't do it, so we'll have to improvise and group several AI's on the three main levels).

General of the Army [Administrator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:56 am

i can understand not putting in 5 AI levels seeing as there's alot on your plate in terms of ideas being put out by the community. but do you mean can't be done AT ALL? or can't be done FOR THE FIRST RELEASE/FOR THE MOMENT?
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:24 pm

Pyrospastiac wrote:i can understand not putting in 5 AI levels seeing as there's alot on your plate in terms of ideas being put out by the community. but do you mean can't be done AT ALL? or can't be done FOR THE FIRST RELEASE/FOR THE MOMENT?

I'd say the second:

Pyrospastiac wrote:or can't be done FOR THE FIRST RELEASE/FOR THE MOMENT?

There might be a way though that would need to be researched later on (when we move on to directly enhancing TAOW's Advanced AI), at the moment we are still taking care of the "Base AI" (the base for the advanced AI), and we want to be 100% sure we have a strong and healthy AI which can "grow" (expand) to do much more advanced roles later on Twisted Evil (*beep* CODENAME SKYNET *beep*) Razz .

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] on Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:36 pm

What we are currently doing before begining with the AI. is coding every single unit individually. Stand-alones... each unit has specific features that need to be adressed. once every unit is working 100% according to taow standards. after that we code them so that they are purchasable and accessible without the need of world builder. and once that's complete. the AI scripting stages will begin. don't get us wrong we already have a shoot load of things planned for the AI. but first things first.
Marc15yo [Admin]

View user profile http://taow.simulationboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:48 pm

The vehicle coding phase will be the toughest part in the mod pale , specially on TAOW (since we want to make the units as realistic as possible) and the ZH limits will most likely make things helluva complicated sometimes Embarassed

I'd say the most difficult units to code will be the ships (particularly the Amphibious Assault Ships and Aircraft Carriers pale pale pale ).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:34 pm

i was wondering how how planned to do the ships movements. because the ships of RA2 turned on the spot because it was a tight squeeze and programing a ships turning circle proved too hard back then. but now, even with the new RA3, with state of the art graphics and such, they still chose for ships to turn on the spot.
other mods have used naval combat with small vessels, but the only big one i know of is VGO mods battleship. which didnt turn out so well in manouverability.
but the one thing VGO did was make their naval maps have just small oceans that just squeeze around the edge of the map. but as you guys said naval maps will be about 80% water or something right?
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:01 pm

Yeah, we may also limit the land proximity radius for larger ships (to avoid "cluttering up", and even for realism since larger ships can't "hug the coast").

We're gonna include smaller and more maneuverable ships which will be able to go much closer to the shores (and also provide closer fire support to the landing forces), an example would be American Littoral Combat Ship (which will be primarily used for ground support) and some Corvettes.

Destroyers and Cruisers will provide fire support from longer ranges (with cannons and missiles).

We want our ships to turn around as realistically as possible (they won't "turn on the spot" Cool ).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:23 pm

well, now that you mention it, there are some very large ships that can turn on the spot.
take the Queen Mary 2 for example, (i can't rember whether it's the QM2 or the QE2. one's very new, and still running strong, the other's old and is now a floating hotel in dubai. im pretty sure it's the QM2)
it has what i think are called bow thrusters which are propellers built in the side of the hull. when docked, doors open up on the sides of the ship to reveal the propellers, which then push it sideways. it's the most manouverable large ship ever, and it never requires tug boats.
even though nothing in the current navy has nothing like that, future concepts that have been kept under wraps such as the zumwalt may have a few tricks up there sleeves. this kind of manouverability would greatly benifit the new zumwalt, it may include it!
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:41 pm

Exactly, I see you've been watching Discovery Channel lately Laughing Thumbs Up!

We'll try to make ship movement as smooth and realistic as possible (as long as ZH allows us), Destroyers and ships under that class (Frigates, Corvettes, etc.) will be quite maneuverable but heavier units such as Aircraft Carriers will be the opposite (much slower, but these will have tons of armor and defenses to compensate).

We'll advise mappers to keep water at least about 60% of the map (Naval Mode) to make the maps more suitable for ships and naval engagements (it'll all depend on the map structure though).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero on Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:52 pm

Snake wrote:Exactly, I see you've been watching Discovery Channel lately Laughing Thumbs Up!

We'll try to make ship movement as smooth and realistic as possible (as long as ZH allows us), Destroyers and ships under that class (Frigates, Corvettes, etc.) will be quite maneuverable but heavier units such as Aircraft Carriers will be the opposite (much slower, but these will have tons of armor and defenses to compensate).

We'll advise mappers to keep water at least about 60% of the map (Naval Mode) to make the maps more suitable for ships and naval engagements (it'll all depend on the map structure though).
Thanks for the map info. Thumbs Up!

Gonna get me some!

Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:59 pm

does anyone know if the zumwalt will have bow thrusters? or anything in detail for that matter? cause, so far, it seems to be nothing more than an idea on a piece of paper (a very VERY cool piece of paper!!!)
has it even passed the concept stage into the prototype stage or test stage, or... whaterver stage!?
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:00 pm

Tusker2Zero wrote:
Snake wrote:Exactly, I see you've been watching Discovery Channel lately Laughing Thumbs Up!

Thanks for the map info. Thumbs Up!

Sure thing Cool

Pyrospastiac wrote:does anyone know if the zumwalt will have bow thrusters? or anything in detail for that matter? cause, so far, it seems to be nothing more than an idea on a piece of paper (a very VERY cool piece of paper!!!)
has it even passed the concept stage into the prototype stage or test stage, or... whaterver stage!?

Nope, sorry.
Many of the details of the Zumwalt are (and will continue to) be shrouded in mystery (just like the F-22's true capabilities).

I expect the ship to be very fast though, specially because of it's wave-piercing tumblehome hull (which will also reduce it's radar cross section - RCS, making it much more stealthier than other ships in similar classes).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:18 pm

yeah, but i also read that the hull design although very cool and stealthy... is prone to capsizing!! lol!
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:42 pm

lol! Yeah, there are a lot of people which are skeptic about the tumblehome hull (since it's quite "unconventional" by today's standards).

I'd say the Zumwalt is the "V-22 Osprey of the seas", specially since both vehicles are highly criticized but, ironically, if they do well, they may be the "future".

There is always a phase in the adoption of a new weapon/vehicle which comes under heavy criticism, a perfect example is the AV-8 Harrier II, which was quite controversial in it's development times (specially because of a lot of accidents), but now it's one of the favorites, other examples are the F-22 or F-35, which are either under constant attack (by people which disagree with the aircraft's true capabilities, cost, etc.), or the ones which fully support them.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:34 am

speaking of the harrier, and other mixed equiptment, i was wondering what you plan to do with it.
the USA gets the harrier even though it's made by British aerospace. so for all the technologies the US and Europe share right now, seeing as they go to war in TAOW, how do you determine who gets what?
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:51 pm

Well we kind of make a selection and use several factors like numbers of vehicles which are used in real life and select the other unit based on other criteria (like extra diversification).

We decided to use Euro vehicles for the EU faction specially due to variety's sake (and to make the faction less "americanized". I mean, we could easily include F-16's or F-35's in the EU faction, but since the US is using them we decided to choose other vehicles (given the fact that there are a lot of great Euro counterparts which are less known to the general public but are formidable either way and surely deserve to be included).

A perfect example is the M270 MLRS (mobile rocket artillery), many European countries are using it but since the US is also using it, we decided to include other European counterparts (which aren't as known as the MLRS but are great counterparts either way).

In the Harrier case, we still haven't discarded the option of using the BAE GR9A
Harrier II which is in British use (specially since each faction will have a V/STOL - Vertical/Short Takeoff and Landing - aircraft), the main difference would be the armament (the Euro Harrier would use Euro armament, and the American Harrier would use American armament).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:11 am

what v/stol do you plan on giving the russians? scratch
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  James100 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:39 am

The YAK-141 Freestyle V/STOL Multirole Fighter I Suppose
James100
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:53 pm

Yeah, actually we may include a fictional (yet "realistic") aircraft, our plan is to create the fictional Yak-43 "Freestyle-B".

The "Yak-43" was initially a proposed enhanced version of the Yak-41M 'Freehand' equipped with better (more powerful) engines.

The Yakovlev organization also developed designs for an even more impressive VTOL machine, the "Yak-43", but it never got out of the paper stage.

Source:
http://www.vectorsite.net/avredvt.html

Basically our plan is to "develop" an Yak-41M and upgrade it a bit so it's is our new Yak-43.

The "Freestyle-B" comes from the Yak-41's NATO reporting name ("Freestyle") and by adding the "B".This is similar to many other Russian aircraft NATO codenames, for example:
Su-27 / Su-27S "Flanker-B"

The Yak-141 is basically the prototype designation for the Yak-41.
This plane will add more versatility to the Russian Naval Aviation, it will be faster than the Harriers but will carry less armament and will have a bit less of armor.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top