what kind of maps?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

what kind of maps?

Post  AgustaBE on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:19 am

Hi everyone

i made this topic just to discuss the maps that should be included Thumbs Up!
feel free to reply with your great ideas of which kind of maps should be included in the even greater lol! mod : TAOW

i guess i should start with my ideas

-first of all i hope that there will be a map where ground offensives are almost impossible, so you have tu use mostly air vehicles and amphibious vehicles,
since i guess that the map will be separated by water(maybe a river or even a sea, but thats more "Naval-mode-like".
-I also want a map where urban warfare is the main battlefield. Maybe a part of a big European village, or even better (I think tough
Twisted Evil) a dersert village in mid-east or Africa, where the main purpose is to give the local villagers peace and humanitarian help Thumbs Up!
-Maybe a "Black Hawk Down" style mission in the objective mode would be nice huh ? Thumbs Up! Twisted Evil
-... (lots of other possibilities, which I hope that you guys add to the list^^ )

greetz cheers

BTW Spam ideas !!! lol!

EDIT: BTW I think that the naval mode will be my favorite Thumbs Up!
but the mod in general will just be awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rock on! Rock on! Rock on!
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: what kind of maps?

Post  Snake on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:05 pm

lol! Thanks F-16 Thumbs Up!

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:-first of all i hope that there will be a map where ground offensives are almost impossible, so you have tu use mostly air vehicles and amphibious vehicles,
since i guess that the map will be separated by water(maybe a river or even a sea, but thats more "Naval-mode-like".
-I also want a map where urban warfare is the main battlefield. Maybe a part of a big European village, or even better (I think tough
Twisted Evil) a dersert village in mid-east or Africa, where the main purpose is to give the local villagers peace and humanitarian help Thumbs Up!
-Maybe a "Black Hawk Down" style mission in the objective mode would be nice huh ? Thumbs Up! Twisted Evil
-... (lots of other possibilities, which I hope that you guys add to the list^^ )

greetz cheers

BTW Spam ideas !!! lol!

All that kind of missions will be included in TAOW Thumbs Up! (both on the Campaign and Skirmish/Naval Modes).

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:EDIT: BTW I think that the naval mode will be my favorite Thumbs Up!
but the mod in general will just be awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rock on! Rock on! Rock on!

Thanks, we want to bring out a true Naval Mode for ZH this time Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

General of the Army [Administrator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:59 am

hell yeah Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

snake i say it 1 more time : I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY cheers cheers cheers Twisted Evil

greetz
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:28 am

I'm with Snake. Blackhawk down board would be cool. I also dig the whole Naval/Air mission. Personally I think history provides us with plenty of templates (real world battles/missions) to pick from. The Moug, The Falklands, U.S.S Cole etc. Special Ops missions in Panama. (Sorry I'm not too up to date on European Engagements). Not to mention the current war America is in. <<< A good reason to include Arab fighters of some kind, even with sub par weapons, thats what they have now anyways. I would love to see the boards in TAOW emulate real world terrain/situations. My mind is going crazy thinking about Spec Ops and what they may or maynot be able to do, it would be nice to have some infantry that can actually do some damage for a change. Where time spent with them actually equates to time well spent.
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:44 pm

Jarhead wrote:I'm with Snake. Blackhawk down board would be cool. I also dig the whole Naval/Air mission. Personally I think history provides us with plenty of templates (real world battles/missions) to pick from. The Moug, The Falklands, U.S.S Cole etc. Special Ops missions in Panama. (Sorry I'm not too up to date on European Engagements). Not to mention the current war America is in. <<< A good reason to include Arab fighters of some kind, even with sub par weapons, thats what they have now anyways. I would love to see the boards in TAOW emulate real world terrain/situations. My mind is going crazy thinking about Spec Ops and what they may or maynot be able to do, it would be nice to have some infantry that can actually do some damage for a change. Where time spent with them actually equates to time well spent.

u have great ideas!!! i love spec ops too!!!!!
would be nice to have a map where camo is essential
the specs ops should be able to infiltrate enemy buildings and vehicles
i think taow will be so realistic that in fact when u have a good group of special forces and some support(air?)
then u can win the objectives!!!

greetz
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:37 pm

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:hell yeah Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

snake i say it 1 more time : I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY cheers cheers cheers Twisted Evil

greetz

Thanks bro king

Jarhead wrote:I'm with Snake. Blackhawk down board would be cool. I also dig the whole Naval/Air mission. Personally I think history provides us with plenty of templates (real world battles/missions) to pick from. The Moug, The Falklands, U.S.S Cole etc. Special Ops missions in Panama. (Sorry I'm not too up to date on European Engagements). Not to mention the current war America is in. <<< A good reason to include Arab fighters of some kind, even with sub par weapons, thats what they have now anyways. I would love to see the boards in TAOW emulate real world terrain/situations. My mind is going crazy thinking about Spec Ops and what they may or maynot be able to do, it would be nice to have some infantry that can actually do some damage for a change. Where time spent with them actually equates to time well spent.

Absolutely agreed Jarhead Thumbs Up! , we have made some additional "plans".

Basically the Campaign Mode will focus on Eastern Europe, however we do not wish to just focus the main action on just one location (the TAOW Worldbuilder will have capabilities for many kinds of terrains).

This means that there will be maaany more "Special Missions" (which will be able to be played via Skirmish) in addition to the separate Campaign, just as mappers like Beng have managed to prove, it's absolutely possible to create specialized map.ini's which will able us to do specialized missions (similar to the ones on the single player mode) only played like they're skirmishes Twisted Evil .

That being said, the possibilities to create additional missions (and missions which are completely "independent" from the campaign mode) are limitless sunny sunny sunny

Some non playable factions like the Rebels - Insurgents - Militia are very flexible and will be able to fully enter these alternate battlefields Twisted Evil , just imagine the possibilities cheers sunny The Middle East is just the tip of the iceberg of the possibilities of alternate battlezones we can create Wink

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:u have great ideas!!! i love spec ops too!!!!!
would be nice to have a map where camo is essential
the specs ops should be able to infiltrate enemy buildings and vehicles
i think taow will be so realistic that in fact when u have a good group of special forces and some support(air?)
then u can win the objectives!!!

greetz

Oh yeah Twisted Evil instead of brute force, the player may sneak special forces in order to disrupt the whole enemy defense network, no longer will soldiers will be like that useless ZH infantry Evil or Very Mad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:41 pm

i think that there should be one of the multiplayer missions in the middle east the populace should not be in need of humanitarian aid.
basically i would think that you should merge the current war in afghanistan with the old Soviet-Afghanistan conflict. essentially making a modern battle where the USA and Russia are deulling it out in afghanistan, and the locals arent happy with either of them. so a third insurgent faction can be added that place IEDs everywhere and make constant attacks on both sides.
this means that although the main objective is to destroy the opposing faction, neither side can ignore the local resistance as it ruins any plans they have to attack each other.
whether players decide to put aside there differences for the moment or not is up to them but it should be that only with their combined force can they remove the much stronger insurgent faction from the match. this will also be good for some really good backstabbing seeing as soon as the factions have wiped out the insurgents they imediatley must put what forces they have left into attacking each other.
this match would truely test a players ability to trust their enemy.
to keep the match going for a long time, the insurgents usually attack whoever has the upper hand.
for example, if the russians have decided to ignore the small occassional car bomb and rebel attacks on their base (yes, i know there aren't buildable bases but these bases would be pre-constucted) and goes full force against the americans, while they are attacking the american base, the insurgents would sent a massive attack againsed the russian base bigger than anything seen before. with many car bombs at a time, almost limitless rebels completley demolishing the russian base forcing them to pull back leaving both sides crippled, in which case the insurgents lay off for a bit while the other factions gather their strength (yes, i realise that that is not what would happen in real life and the insurgents would go all out and destroy boh factions while they're down, but where's the fun in the part where out of 2 human players, the AI wins!?)
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:33 pm

That's an interesting idea, Rebels will be able to do several things (from teamwork with another faction to some attacks), Rebel armament will mainly consist of ex-Soviet gear (and older tanks and vehicles) so they will be best used on harassing tactics, don't expect them to win against any of the Main Factions (on a direct engagement). Even so they can do the casual harassing (to the point of a player getting pissed off and starting to bomb them and completely hunting them, a rampage I mean Twisted Evil Laughing ).

I'd say a mapper will have full capabilities to do such maps like you suggested, in fact I've been thinking about the concept of creating "cooperative" missions (two or more players on a single team) against rebels (objectives would be determined by the mappers), I think it would be quite interesting (specially since coop modes are usually very fun on many games) scratch , even to the point of having human and AI-controlled forces to be able to do these missions, I'd say it would be very interesting to team up with an AI Ally to take out some rebels.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:25 pm

i had an interesting idea. because the rebels are supposed to be hard to find because they are backed and hide amongsed the locals, seeing as you cant make vast crowds of civillians with the SAGE engine, the rebels can use random locations on the map for various functions.
i got the idea from the CWC Advanced Skirmish maps i was talking about before. the downed pilot won't spawn in the same place at the start of a map, but at a randomly chosen way point. the rebels could do the same thing with IEDs and Garrisons. except instead of doing this once at the start of the map, it does it frequently throughout the game.

the scripts for the IEDs could be somewhere along the lines of:
gamestart, place (depends on map size/difficulty) of IEDs randomly at separate pre-defined waypoints. as IEDs get used up (blow SH** up!!!) the script runs, IF number of IEDs is less than , place the other of IEDs at random locations.
this means that the IEDs will continuously spawn at random locations throughout the match untill...
TA-DAAA!!! SeCoNdArY oBjEcTiVe!!! lol! "find and Destroy IED manufacturing facility"
then your tanks can run free throughout the streets

as for the Garrisons, basically rebels randomly spawn inside of random buildings (RANDOM RANDOM RANDOM!!! Thumbs Up! ) im not sure how you can make an objective that will stop them. "find and destroy rebel training camp" perhaps?

hope to get some feedback, pyro. Rock on!
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Pyrospastiac wrote:i had an interesting idea. because the rebels are supposed to be hard to find because they are backed and hide amongsed the locals, seeing as you cant make vast crowds of civillians with the SAGE engine, the rebels can use random locations on the map for various functions.
i got the idea from the CWC Advanced Skirmish maps i was talking about before. the downed pilot won't spawn in the same place at the start of a map, but at a randomly chosen way point.

I think we could probably include two separate "types" of Pilot SAR (Search And Rescue) secondary objectives, more specifically:

- Random Pilot / Crashed Plane (debris) spawn (a pilot and his downed aircraft would spawn on a random waypoint);

- One of our pilots (ejected from his aircraft).

I think there might be a way to include both types of Pilot SAR, for the first type of objective a player would get a heads up (random or probably time based) and for the second type the player would receive a secondary Pilot Extraction objective when his aircraft went down scratch

Pyrospastiac wrote:the rebels could do the same thing with IEDs and Garrisons. except instead of doing this once at the start of the map, it does it frequently throughout the game.

gamestart, place (depends on map size/difficulty) of IEDs randomly at separate pre-defined waypoints. as IEDs get used up (blow SH** up!!!) the script runs, IF number of IEDs is less than , place the other of IEDs at random locations.
this means that the IEDs will continuously spawn at random locations throughout the match untill...
TA-DAAA!!! SeCoNdArY oBjEcTiVe!!! lol! "find and Destroy IED manufacturing facility"

as for the Garrisons, basically rebels randomly spawn inside of random buildings (RANDOM RANDOM RANDOM!!! Thumbs Up! ) im not sure how you can make an objective that will stop them. "find and destroy rebel training camp" perhaps?

I think this would make quite an interesting add-on, me and Jarhead have been talking about an idea of random Rebel "Weapon Caches" which could be spawned randomly through special maps (hidden in middle of cities, underground bunkers, etc.) and players would need to hunt and destroy them (we discussed it's possible applications both as a possible single / separate Game Mode - "Weapon Cache Hunt" - or as a secondary objective).

If we manage to include such a system then we will most likely be able to include the IED idea sunny (with some slight modifications Wink ).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:28 pm

umm... there must've been some error or something when i posted the IED idea, there was alot more included in between... scratch that seems to have disappeared!?
well i've just read it back to myself and it barely makes sense!!! it's very broken english due to the bits it cut out. (dunno why, no swearing or anything)
if you need me to re-post to make it more clear, just ask.
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:32 am

nice !!!!!!!!

snake the rebels and so will be great !!! Thumbs Up!
also the secondary obs and SAR missions would be real-time realistic modern "warfare" Thumbs Up!

cheers Rock on!
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:44 am

Pyrospastiac wrote:i had an interesting idea. because the rebels are supposed to be hard to find because they are backed and hide amongsed the locals, seeing as you cant make vast crowds of civillians with the SAGE engine, the rebels can use random locations on the map for various functions.
i got the idea from the CWC Advanced Skirmish maps i was talking about before. the downed pilot won't spawn in the same place at the start of a map, but at a randomly chosen way point. the rebels could do the same thing with IEDs and Garrisons. except instead of doing this once at the start of the map, it does it frequently throughout the game.

as for the Garrisons, basically rebels randomly spawn inside of random buildingn s (RANDOM RANDOM RANDOM!!! Thumbs Up! ) im not sure how you can make an objective that will stop them. "find and destroy rebel training camp" perhaps?

OM*G this is soooooooooooo nice Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Thumbs Up!
i think this should definately be included!!!
oh and maybe we can add punishments for civilian casualties Idea
so if u blow up a car because u tought it was a rebelion car, but actually it was a civilian car, u get a money penalty or something, since u "have to pay for moral damage to the goverment"

greetz lol!
btw i hop u understand what i say in bad english
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:34 pm

Pyrospastiac wrote:umm... there must've been some error or something when i posted the IED idea, there was alot more included in between... scratch that seems to have disappeared!?
well i've just read it back to myself and it barely makes sense!!! it's very broken english due to the bits it cut out. (dunno why, no swearing or anything)
if you need me to re-post to make it more clear, just ask.

Some months ago I had a sort of an error in which my messages weren't 100% sent (it was because of some net connection probs I had though it's working fine now scratch ).

Even so, I got you idea Twisted Evil , if we manage to include the "Weapon Cache Hunt", then we can certainly include the "IED Mode" Laughing

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:nice !!!!!!!!

snake the rebels and so will be great !!! Thumbs Up!
also the secondary obs and SAR missions would be real-time realistic modern "warfare" Thumbs Up!

cheers Rock on!

Definitely sunny , I would love if we managed to include them (I think it's completely possible since other mods have managed to include similar systems).

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:

as for the Garrisons, basically rebels randomly spawn inside of random buildingn s (RANDOM RANDOM RANDOM!!! Thumbs Up! ) im not sure how you can make an objective that will stop them. "find and destroy rebel training camp" perhaps?

OM*G this is soooooooooooo nice Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Thumbs Up!
i think this should definately be included!!!
oh and maybe we can add punishments for civilian casualties Idea
so if u blow up a car because u tought it was a rebelion car, but actually it was a civilian car, u get a money penalty or something, since u "have to pay for moral damage to the goverment"

We were thinking of some concepts which would punish the player if he/she caused "Collateral Damage" (many civilian kills, destroying cities, etc.) but it's just a theory at the moment, hopefully we can include such a system sunny

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:greetz lol!
btw i hop u understand what i say in bad english

Laughing No prob, I can perfectly understand you Thumbs Up!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:01 am

ok then Laughing ^^

the colatteral damage is a great concept i think =)

greetz Twisted Evil
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:25 pm

the colatteral damage is a great concept i think =)

Same thought as mine Thumbs Up! , hopefully we can create and adopt some features to include this concept in TAOW (which is also realistic because Collateral Damage is an important concept in today's battlefields).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:43 pm

yeah

but i'm quite sure that all the maps with their extras of course will be awesome !!!!!!!!!! cheers
(especialy the naval maps lol!lol! ^^)

cheers cheers

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:23 am

Thanks sunny

We always wanted to give the player more possible objectives than the regular ZH search and destroy missions (which are way too "simple"), adding some complexity to the objectives will keep the player focused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:38 am

Its too bad weather effects can't effect battle conditions. I heard something about it at one point. Then you could have upgrades like tracked humvees, snow shoes or skis for infantry or spec ops. Then slow down everything that isn't built for that weather (on the ground anyways). Even setting peramiters for maps pertaing to hillsand moutains to allow for some vehicles to climb steeper inclines than others. Possibly ships could be lost striking ice. There are alot of things that could be changed for "icy" conditions. Rangers that can actually climb mountains (!!!) Or maybe even ski down the side of it. Personally I most want to see infantry with various special abilities and those are just a few ways to diversify various troop types.
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgustaBE on Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:15 am

Jarhead wrote:Its too bad weather effects can't effect battle conditions. I heard something about it at one point. Then you could have upgrades like tracked humvees, snow shoes or skis for infantry or spec ops. Then slow down everything that isn't built for that weather (on the ground anyways). Even setting peramiters for maps pertaing to hillsand moutains to allow for some vehicles to climb steeper inclines than others. Possibly ships could be lost striking ice. There are alot of things that could be changed for "icy" conditions. Rangers that can actually climb mountains (!!!) Or maybe even ski down the side of it. Personally I most want to see infantry with various special abilities and those are just a few ways to diversify various troop types.

great ideaiii Thumbs Up!

i think too that infantry should be very lethal and usefull and full of extras Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

cheers cheers

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:58 am

Jarhead wrote:Its too bad weather effects can't effect battle conditions. I heard something about it at one point.

Actually Tusker have mentioned a system which was quite interesting (a system with an "interactive weather", though such possibilities will be considered at a later point (since we are focusing on getting vehicles ingame at this point).

Jarhead wrote:Then you could have upgrades like tracked humvees, snow shoes or skis for infantry or spec ops. Then slow down everything that isn't built for that weather (on the ground anyways). Even setting peramiters for maps pertaing to hillsand moutains to allow for some vehicles to climb steeper inclines than others. Possibly ships could be lost striking ice. There are alot of things that could be changed for "icy" conditions. Rangers that can actually climb mountains (!!!) Or maybe even ski down the side of it. Personally I most want to see infantry with various special abilities and those are just a few ways to diversify various troop types.

Sounds quite interesting, but I'm afraid that that would exponentially increase unit micromanagement (a thing which isn't too popular with most ZH players).

Many special features will be hopefully added to be automatically activated (such as special forces scaling cliffs, Burton-style), in order to do sneak attacks and to infiltrate the enemy perimeter for example.

Possibly ships could be lost striking ice.

A ZH mod called Red Alert 3 had a similar system (when a ship got too close to rocks, it would struck and destroyed) though we won't exactly include the same thing, we will simply limit the range of larger ships (large ships won't be able to "hug" the coast so to speak).

This is to avoid having "Titanic"-related accidents

F-16FightingFalcon wrote:great ideaiii Thumbs Up!

i think too that infantry should be very lethal and usefull and full of extras Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

cheers cheers

Infantry will definitely will be very lethal, in fact, a few hours ago we decided to give infantry a much larger range of new skills.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead on Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:30 pm

Thats what I'm sayin, have many different kinds of soldiers, each with unique individual skills. Like Rangers can climb mountains, SEALs can swim,

If the weather could control a units effectiveness or speed then I would suggest making like marine expeditionary force units that fare better in cold maps.
Not sure how you guys are making specific units (like the # of representations of different branches, Rangers, SEALs, Green Berets, Marine Expeditionary Force, Delta, CIA
SAS SBS GRU FBI

Drug missions in colombia, (but I still think some kind of currency should be used in the game, a way to tally ones "bank account" to rate who the real super powers are or simply a system to gain "purchasing power."

It would be nice if you could load your army into any skirmish against another presaved army. Then it make getting new and upgraded units that much more valuable. It would probably almost certainly mean that you would start out with less from the start. Work your way through easier levels to gain more advanced units that you could then save and play with in skirmishes. Unlock the ability to produce certain units. Then as you progress up the tech ladder very diversified units start to integrate to make more elite units. Some kind of rating could be used there also so you can size up an army before deciding to take it on. Lots of variations off that idea. Hell I don't know, what do you think?
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:55 pm

Jarhead wrote:Thats what I'm sayin, have many different kinds of soldiers, each with unique individual skills. Like Rangers can climb mountains, SEALs can swim,

In addition to movement differences, infantry will be able to call in a lot of diverse support (looong story Twisted Evil Wink ).

Jarhead wrote:If the weather could control a units effectiveness or speed then I would suggest making like marine expeditionary force units that fare better in cold maps.
Not sure how you guys are making specific units (like the # of representations of different branches, Rangers, SEALs, Green Berets, Marine Expeditionary Force, Delta, CIA
SAS SBS GRU FBI

Sorry we aren't still 100% sure of the possible weather applications at this moment (we'll have to study'em when we get the chance).

About the special operations, Rangers, SEALs, Green Berets, Marine Force Recon, etc. will be in, they are basically different infantry classes which will have different gear and attributes.
The FBI won't enter (as a playable unit at least) and the CIA is probably the same (they will probably be included on the campaign mode though)

Jarhead wrote:Drug missions in colombia, (but I still think some kind of currency should be used in the game, a way to tally ones "bank account" to rate who the real super powers are or simply a system to gain "purchasing power."

That kind of missions is perfectly possible to do in the enhanced mapmaker Thumbs Up! (in fact I would recommend them, specially since a lot of new eye candy like new shrubbery and vegetation will be one of some new sweet mapmaker additions and can be used in order to create sexy looking jungles Grooovy! ).

About the cash, we decided to remove it to keep the "consumerism" out of the battlefield Laughing (and basically a way to make things more "viable" in a sense, since a real military commander does not "buy" his units or equipment on the spot, that would look as if they were equipped shortly after that which is the case in C&C but not in TAOW). Reinforcement Points will basically have the same role as cash/supplies in ZH.

Jarhead wrote:It would be nice if you could load your army into any skirmish against another presaved army. Then it make getting new and upgraded units that much more valuable. It would probably almost certainly mean that you would start out with less from the start. Work your way through easier levels to gain more advanced units that you could then save and play with in skirmishes. Unlock the ability to produce certain units. Then as you progress up the tech ladder very diversified units start to integrate to make more elite units. Some kind of rating could be used there also so you can size up an army before deciding to take it on. Lots of variations off that idea. Hell I don't know, what do you think?

Sorry, I'm afraid that ZH does not allow us to do it, in fact, even on a single game the game haves some limitations in that sense. In the campaign mode however, there will be some similarities with that concept but I'm afraid the player can't unfortunately retain his "veterans" to play later on.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrospastiac on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:10 am

Snake wrote:
Jarhead wrote:It would be nice if you could load your army into any skirmish against another presaved army. Then it make getting new and upgraded units that much more valuable. It would probably almost certainly mean that you would start out with less from the start. Work your way through easier levels to gain more advanced units that you could then save and play with in skirmishes. Unlock the ability to produce certain units. Then as you progress up the tech ladder very diversified units start to integrate to make more elite units. Some kind of rating could be used there also so you can size up an army before deciding to take it on. Lots of variations off that idea. Hell I don't know, what do you think?

Sorry, I'm afraid that ZH does not allow us to do it, in fact, even on a single game the game haves some limitations in that sense. In the campaign mode however, there will be some similarities with that concept but I'm afraid the player can't unfortunately retain his "veterans" to play later on.

yeah, that really is a pitty. i didnt think the sage engine would alow that kind of thing, but it really was a great idea, alot of people like that about Joint Task Force, and continuing your veterans throughout a campaign is truely rewarding. alas, if coding issues prove too much to overcome, we'll just have to make do. Sad

but, i think there is a way to make up for it. by fixing ZH crappy promotion system!!! ZHs one-two-three promotion system always annoyed me, and the benefits were so numerical; more damage, more HP. BOOORRIIIINNGGG!!! i think you guys should put in a much more advanced ranking system.

there's no real point to going to all the trouble of giving the forums so many rankigs for members if the same type of thing wouldn't be included in the mod. so instead of one-two-three and your done with that unit, you can incorperate a bigger system like the forums private, corpral, etc... (maybe dont go up to general of the army Razz that's supposed to be the players job! probably stop field units at captain, or major.) benefits of the promotion could be much more diversified than ZHs. (using the randomizer logic of course Razz )

promotions would provide; greater accuracy, faster speed, faster reload speed (unless it's fixed like a tanks autoloader), better guns, more gun attachments, more abilities and items (smoke, frags, DESIGNATORS!), greater range, NOT more damaging bulets (a bullet is a bullet no matter who fires it. just use the improved accuracy on the randomizer so they miss less, giving a higher damage to the enemy), and MAYBE give more HP, (not through magic but through upgrades in armour/first aid/ repairs)

...all in all, promotions should give greater everything! it'd be complex to put all that in but once it's there, you never have to worry about it again and just sit back and enjoy the show. Very Happy

-pyro
Pyrospastiac
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:40 am

Pyrospastiac wrote:yeah, that really is a pitty. i didnt think the sage engine would alow that kind of thing, but it really was a great idea, alot of people like that about Joint Task Force, and continuing your veterans throughout a campaign is truely rewarding. alas, if coding issues prove too much to overcome, we'll just have to make do. Sad

When that idea was mentioned I also recalled JTF as well, it was really great to be able to retain our officers the whole game (it was really great to costumize our squads, I mean we could have veteran units and choose their specific abilities, great concept).

Pyrospastiac wrote:but, i think there is a way to make up for it. by fixing ZH crappy promotion system!!! ZHs one-two-three promotion system always annoyed me, and the benefits were so numerical; more damage, more HP. BOOORRIIIINNGGG!!! i think you guys should put in a much more advanced ranking system.

there's no real point to going to all the trouble of giving the forums so many rankigs for members if the same type of thing wouldn't be included in the mod. so instead of one-two-three and your done with that unit, you can incorperate a bigger system like the forums private, corpral, etc... (maybe dont go up to general of the army Razz that's supposed to be the players job! probably stop field units at captain, or major.) benefits of the promotion could be much more diversified than ZHs. (using the randomizer logic of course Razz )

promotions would provide; greater accuracy, faster speed, faster reload speed (unless it's fixed like a tanks autoloader), better guns, more gun attachments, more abilities and items (smoke, frags, DESIGNATORS!), greater range, NOT more damaging bulets (a bullet is a bullet no matter who fires it. just use the improved accuracy on the randomizer so they miss less, giving a higher damage to the enemy), and MAYBE give more HP, (not through magic but through upgrades in armour/first aid/ repairs)

...all in all, promotions should give greater everything! it'd be complex to put all that in but once it's there, you never have to worry about it again and just sit back and enjoy the show. Very Happy

-pyro

Absolutely Twisted Evil , if all goes well on the rank department, we should be able to include newer ranks with great effect Twisted Evil .

Just like you said, our ranking system won't have the same effects as ZH, for example:

- Enhanced Accuracy: Weapons won't mysteriously do more damage, instead the accuracy is increased and will eventually have the same effect (more damage), only on realistic terms;

- Enhanced Range;

- Enhanced Reloading Speeds: Artillery, tanks, some infantry, aircraft, etc. would reload faster;

- Extra Abilities: This one is a big deal, abilities will be influenced by many factors including ranking (or at least we intend to on some cases).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top