NH-90 Rocket pods???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NH-90 Rocket pods???

Post  AgustaBE on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:44 pm

Hi guys,

I would like to discuss a bit more about the new upcomming helicopter of the EU, the NH-90.
There are 2 main versions:
-TTH (Tactical Transport Helicopter)
(This version is meant for tactical transport of course)



-NFH (NATO Frigate Helicopter)
(This version is meant for SAR, and anti-ship/submarine warfare)



First of all I have 1 question. It is said that the TTH can be modified for C-SAR, so it can be fitted with rocket pods and so... (It is also used in a lot of mods for games, eg.: POE2 for BF2) Is this correct?

(NOTE: on the image underneath you can clearly see the rocket pods)


I know that also fuel pods and jamming pods can be fitted on it too.

So, if you know a bit more about this amazing machine, please write a comment cheers

greetz mates

_________________
"I think war is a dangerous place." - George W. Bush
avatar
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Posts : 317
Join date : 2008-11-15
Age : 24
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NH-90 Rocket pods???

Post  Snake on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:06 pm

AgustaBE wrote:First of all I have 1 question. It is said that the TTH can be modified for C-SAR, so it can be fitted with rocket pods and so... (It is also used in a lot of mods for games, eg.: POE2 for BF2) Is this correct?

(NOTE: on the image underneath you can clearly see the rocket pods)

Precisely Thumbs Up!
The NH90 can be fitted with rocket and gun pods depending on the mission requirements, not to mention window mounted weapons (all of these are shown in that image you posted).

As of 2009 the main armed NH90 variant is the naval NFH (NATO Frigate Helicopter) which you also mentioned, that version is used in anti-submarine/ship applications and is able to use torpedoes and anti ship missiles (this version will appear on TAOW's Naval Mode).

A few years ago the German Air Force wanted to develop additional upgrades for their CSAR (Combat Search And Rescue) NH90's with extra mission kits for more specialized situations (involving fighting applications).
Some of these mission kits involve the installation of both air to air and air to ground weapons, these upgrades were planned to be fielded by 2012.

I believe it's just a matter of time until the NH90 haves interchangeable armament with the Tiger attack helo (and other western armament), these NH90's may be equipped with stub wings similar to the ESSS (External Stores Support System) as used on the Blackhawk:



An armed variant of the NH90 will be the European Union's support helicopter.

_________________
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -- George Patton
avatar
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]
General of the Army [Administrator]

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2008-02-11
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NH-90 Rocket pods???

Post  AgustaBE on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:46 am

Snake wrote:
AgustaBE wrote:First of all I have 1 question. It is said that the TTH can be modified for C-SAR, so it can be fitted with rocket pods and so... (It is also used in a lot of mods for games, eg.: POE2 for BF2) Is this correct?

(NOTE: on the image underneath you can clearly see the rocket pods)

Precisely Thumbs Up!
The NH90 can be fitted with rocket and gun pods depending on the mission requirements, not to mention window mounted weapons (all of these are shown in that image you posted).

As of 2009 the main armed NH90 variant is the naval NFH (NATO Frigate Helicopter) which you also mentioned, that version is used in anti-submarine/ship applications and is able to use torpedoes and anti ship missiles (this version will appear on TAOW's Naval Mode).

A few years ago the German Air Force wanted to develop additional upgrades for their CSAR (Combat Search And Rescue) NH90's with extra mission kits for more specialized situations (involving fighting applications).
Some of these mission kits involve the installation of both air to air and air to ground weapons, these upgrades were planned to be fielded by 2012.

I believe it's just a matter of time until the NH90 haves interchangeable armament with the Tiger attack helo (and other western armament), these NH90's may be equipped with stub wings similar to the ESSS (External Stores Support System) as used on the Blackhawk:



An armed variant of the NH90 will be the European Union's support helicopter.

cool, so also the TTH will be able to be fitted with these armamants? Isn't it only the NFH that has those things to hang the missiles and torpedos on? But this is a TTH, where do you hang them then?

i realy like this amazing machine !!! cheers

greetz

_________________
"I think war is a dangerous place." - George W. Bush
avatar
AgustaBE
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Posts : 317
Join date : 2008-11-15
Age : 24
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NH-90 Rocket pods???

Post  Snake on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:47 am

AgustaBE wrote:cool, so also the TTH will be able to be fitted with these armamants?

If the helicopter is equipped with the necessary equipment (as shown below) then yes.

AgustaBE wrote:Isn't it only the NFH that has those things to hang the missiles and torpedos on? But this is a TTH, where do you hang them then?

Special pylons (hardpoints) are mounted on the side of the helicopter's fuselage to allow it to carry extra external cargo:



Note the pylons on the previously discussed image:



Those pylons are able to carry various types of external load including those gun/rocket pods we talked about.

AgustaBE wrote:i realy like this amazing machine !!! cheers

Same here, it's an awesome helicopter

_________________
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -- George Patton
avatar
Snake
General of the Army [Administrator]
General of the Army [Administrator]

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2008-02-11
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NH-90 Rocket pods???

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum