0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Should we have 3d cockpits?

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] on Fri May 09, 2008 10:39 am

Hi everyone,

Should We have 3d cokpits on our helis and aircrafts (just like the cwc apache) choose.

Good: Models will look like they fit together and look more realistic.
Bad: will increase poly count. (shouldn't be big deal cuz i use 64mb integrated video card and 512mb ram, and slow 70 gig hardrive @ 5400rpm. this basically means my pc sucks peanuts but i can play the cnc and the art of war fine.)
Marc15yo [Admin]
General of the Army [Administrator]

View user profile http://taow.simulationboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we have 3d cockpits?

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] on Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:58 am

3d cockpits it is. Only one thing, i'm not going to add any cockpits for jumbo jets. no way in hell. too complicated. 8)
Marc15yo [Admin]

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:58 pm

lol!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sharpshark on Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:56 pm

How about the infantries, should they got one?

sharpshark
TAOW Team Member
TAOW Team Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc15yo [Admin] on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:04 pm

what do u mean?
Marc15yo [Admin]

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader on Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:52 am

another idea for the BLACK HAWK

can u guys put in the minigun on the black hawk u know what i mean??

and if the solider get n that u cann see thme in the heli:D

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead on Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:14 am

I saw a forum topic on a different site of someone doing that. I'll see if I can find it.
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:41 am

Squadleader wrote:another idea for the BLACK HAWK

can u guys put in the minigun on the black hawk u know what i mean??

and if the solider get n that u cann see thme in the heli:D
Jarhead wrote:I saw a forum topic on a different site of someone doing that. I'll see if I can find it.

Oh yeah Twisted Evil , the good'ol M134 Minigun will be included in some Black Hawks.

In addition, there will be many more extras which weren't shown on the already released Blackhawks, we will most likely include an armed variant (which will exchange a great deal of it's troop carrying capacity for extra armament, though it isn't still fully confirmed at the moment).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:42 am

That is a thing of beauty.

Have you guys already used (garrison building logic, making it impossiable once weapons have been added to put infantry in?)
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:08 am

ohh yeah man i love this moddddd yuhu will beta come out next 2 months??

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:27 am

Jarhead wrote:That is a thing of beauty.

I agree whole heartedly. I played with this in another mod, and it was the best weapon for close air support for the advancing troops.

Jarhead wrote:Have you guys already used (garrison building logic, making it impossiable once weapons have been added to put infantry in?)

I agree on this one. It even says so here:

'The MH-60L Direct Action Penetrator (DAP) is an MH-60L modified to mount a variety of offensive weapons systems. Its mission is to conduct attack helicopter operations utilizing area fire or precision guided munitions and armed infiltration or exfiltration of small units. It is capable of conducting direct action (DA) missions as an attack helicopter or has the capability to reconfigure for troop assault operations. In the Direct Action role, the DAP would not normally be used as a primary transport for troops or supplies because of high gross weight limits. The DAP is capable of conducting all missions during day, night, or adverse weather conditions.

Also known informally as the "AH-60L", this upgrade of MH-60L was initiated in 1990 with the addition of FLIR, radar and standard UH-60 external stores support systems. Two Black Hawk companies of 160th SOAR each have a MH-60K platoon and MH-16K-DAP/AH-60L platoon. The MH-60L Direct Action Penetrator (DAP) armaments include a mix of multiple 30-mm Chain Gun, racks of four Hellfires and 2.75 in rocket pods, 40 mm grenade launcher or trainable 7.62 mm Gatling guns. ...'

Source - Global Security .org:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/mh-60l-dap.htm

Now, I had a thought, but I'm not that keen on it. In the previous sentence (before the bolded one) it says, "It is capable of conducting direct action (DA) missions as an attack helicopter or has the capability to reconfigure for troop assault operations". Which suggest that in the game that an upgrade/downgrade toggle may be in order here. But for realism sake, I wonder how long it would take to reconfigure a fully armed AH-60L back into a troop transport role. I mean you have to take some time at a minimum unloading the missiles and rocket pods, so there would have to be a timing "offline" penalty added while the reconfiguration process is going on.

Personally, I would just rather see troop transport variant (the MH-60) and the DAP variant (the AH-60) as two separate deployable/buildable units in the game. But, I wouldn't object too much to going the upgrade route either.

That's my two cents worth. Laughing

Gonna get me some!

Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarhead on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:23 am

Personally I say have the best of both worlds. I don't see why you can't have your cake and eat it to. I'm sure the real thing actually has room for troops even when armed. Alot of the time you say, "well we'll give it this, and then we'll take away that." Why not just put the armed model higher on the tech tree so you can have what you want. An armed helicopter that can carry troops. The only problem I see is trying to find an equal for other factions. I hope nobody says, I would like to have that but I think its too powerful.? If it is what you want and its tremedously powerful then just make it harder to attain. Make any sense?
Jarhead
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tusker2Zero on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:59 am

Jarhead wrote:Personally I say have the best of both worlds. I don't see why you can't have your cake and eat it to. I'm sure the real thing actually has room for troops even when armed. Alot of the time you say, "well we'll give it this, and then we'll take away that." Why not just put the armed model higher on the tech tree so you can have what you want. An armed helicopter that can carry troops. The only problem I see is trying to find an equal for other factions.

I agree that the greatly armed AH-60, could carry a couple of troops. The problem however is that the infantry in this mod is going to be built by squads (using mob logic, I think). If that's true 1 slot in the blackhawk will represent 5 or 6 soldiers. And when you add in the 3 man pilot & gunner crew now your talking 8 or 9 persons on board plus all the armaments. It seems to me (and I very well could be wrong on this) that it would be beyond the Blackhawks payload capacity (weight).
IF the infantry isn't base on squad (mob logic) then, yes, I could definitely see like 2 or 3 blackhawk slots being available for troop transport, in my opinion.

One more point (and this is to any of the newcomers to the subject out there reading this), and this is about the MH-60 (the troop transport version). It's armed as well, just not to the extent of the AH-60. I hope to at least see a machine gun on it in the mod.

I don't want people to think that I'm stating that in order to have both arms and troops aboard you must have one or the other but not both here. I'm just saying for the sake of realism to the mod, that perhaps weight should be an issue. The question would be an issue of how many souls and arms you could stuff on onto and into AH-60 before weight becomes an issue?

Jarhead wrote:I hope nobody says, I would like to have that but I think its too powerful.? If it is what you want and its tremedously powerful then just make it harder to attain. Make any sense?
Yeah, I agree. It also bothers me when people jump out of the wood work and yell it's too OP, and then never offer any advice on any compromise to the idea. They just want the whole idea killed right then and there. Like bam! No more discussions, and no compromise on the idea, move on!

Gonna get me some!

Tusker2Zero
General [Moderator]
General [Moderator]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:36 am

Have you guys already used (garrison building logic, making it impossiable once weapons have been added to put infantry in?)

Actually, it may be sort of an "helicopter upgrade", as you can see, we currently are using several Black Hawks for the most diverse tasks, note the MH-60L, it's a "specialized" helicopter (which will be most likely upgradeable for offensive and support roles other than specialized transport), that's why we selected it:

Squadleader wrote:ohh yeah man i love this moddddd yuhu will beta come out next 2 months??

Sorry but we aren't sure at this time, one thing is for certain though, when the beta is completed or close to completion, we will warn everyone on the forums first (most probably as a newsletter to email as well).

Tusker2Zero wrote:

I agree whole heartedly. I played with this in another mod, and it was the best weapon for close air support for the advancing troops.

Definitely, the troop capacity is is a bit "sacrificed" upon upgrade, but the firepower compensates for it Twisted Evil

That armed Black Hawk won't be exactly an Apache in terms of firepower, but will be able to provide some serious backup which can be vital to keep enemy armor away from the freshly deployed troops.

Tusker2Zero wrote:
Jarhead wrote:Have you guys already used (garrison building logic, making it impossiable once weapons have been added to put infantry in?)

I agree on this one. It even says so here:

'The MH-60L Direct Action Penetrator (DAP) is an MH-60L modified to mount a variety of offensive weapons systems. Its mission is to conduct attack helicopter operations utilizing area fire or precision guided munitions and armed infiltration or exfiltration of small units. It is capable of conducting direct action (DA) missions as an attack helicopter or has the capability to reconfigure for troop assault operations. In the Direct Action role, the DAP would not normally be used as a primary transport for troops or supplies because of high gross weight limits. The DAP is capable of conducting all missions during day, night, or adverse weather conditions.

Also known informally as the "AH-60L", this upgrade of MH-60L was initiated in 1990 with the addition of FLIR, radar and standard UH-60 external stores support systems. Two Black Hawk companies of 160th SOAR each have a MH-60K platoon and MH-16K-DAP/AH-60L platoon. The MH-60L Direct Action Penetrator (DAP) armaments include a mix of multiple 30-mm Chain Gun, racks of four Hellfires and 2.75 in rocket pods, 40 mm grenade launcher or trainable 7.62 mm Gatling guns. ...'

Source - Global Security .org:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/mh-60l-dap.htm

Now, I had a thought, but I'm not that keen on it. In the previous sentence (before the bolded one) it says, "It is capable of conducting direct action (DA) missions as an attack helicopter or has the capability to reconfigure for troop assault operations". Which suggest that in the game that an upgrade/downgrade toggle may be in order here. But for realism sake, I wonder how long it would take to reconfigure a fully armed AH-60L back into a troop transport role. I mean you have to take some time at a minimum unloading the missiles and rocket pods, so there would have to be a timing "offline" penalty added while the reconfiguration process is going on.

Personally, I would just rather see troop transport variant (the MH-60) and the DAP variant (the AH-60) as two separate deployable/buildable units in the game. But, I wouldn't object too much to going the upgrade route either.

That's my two cents worth. Laughing

You read our mind lol! , the reason we selected the MH-60L Direct Action Penetrator (DAP) in the first place was exactly for that. If we give the go ahead for the Fuel idea, then the "standard" version of the MH-60L will be able to stick much longer around the battlefield than the other Black Hawks (MH-60K included).

However, it will most likely become "upgradeable" to the "AH" status by adding rockets pods and missiles (by upgrading the MH-60L I mean).

It would "trade" it's fuel capability for armament, however, I'd say the upgrade would be permanent rather than switchable with the "transport form" (that is due to an ingame bug).
About the "offline" idea, well, just like the other upgrades, it's on an experimental status though I'd say it would be great if (at least) helicopters could become "offline" for an added period of time rather than being "upgraded midair".

The AH-60L wouldn't exactly be a "Hind" in terms of offensive capabilities, but would certainly compensate with extra troop transport capability.

Last edited by Snake on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:03 am

can u see the soldire when they get in to the heli ??

are on the black hawk always solder or do i have to put in someone??

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:12 am

Yeah, door animations will be present (when a team is entering the heli you can watch them getting in and the door opens/closes).

On the widow-mounted minigun case, there would be soldiers just for that duty (as a part of the integral helicopter crew).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:13 am

aha that cool and genial:D:

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:26 am

Thanks, there will be other ways to attack the adversary from the other Black Hawks:

- UH-60: Infantry can shoot their weapons throguh the open helicopter windows (possible minigun upgrade);
- MH-60K: It haves an integral door-mounted minigun (not pictured on the next image).

- MH-60L: May have an additional door-mounted machine gun other than the minigun (Mk.19 automatic grenade launcher probably).

- HH-60L:
The air ambulance won't have offensive capabilities.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:29 am

coollllllllllllll cheers cheers and what about that

can the soldiers sail up from the helis ??

it will be cool if a other soldier hold the sail and the others go down:D:D:D

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:35 am

You mean doing a fast rope descent?

If so, then yes, infantry can fast rope from helicopters for rapid deployment Cool!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:50 am

oh:D:D:D:D ys i mean these Very Happy:D

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:57 am

There will be many helicopters capable of fast roping soldiers in the field Smile .
By the way, have you taken a look at our vehicle table?

The vehicle table is where all the "officialized" / confirmed vehicles which will be included in the mod are posted, check it out:

http://taow.simulationboard.com/member-s-access-f5/the-art-of-war-vehicle-table-t122.htm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:45 am

yes i saw that so many things are finished D:D: cool

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:37 pm

Note that that table will be updated with new content later on (as more models are prepared for release, we'll introduce extra ones in the table Cool! ).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Squadleader on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:00 am

ok canu tell me how much % is ur mod rfinished

Squadleader
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down